Taylor asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 years ago

Could compare the qualities of the sea/ocean with a person?

I'm currently taking an art class and I have been assigned to draw a picture that tells a story about yourself. So could your compare the qualities of the sea with someone's personality?

Best Answer

By default, as a force of nature, the sea is very powerful; you cannot control the tides. The sea is endless, with 2/3 of sea life still undiscovered by scientists. It can be both nurturing, as many peoples depend on the sea as a way of life (providing fish, tourist industry, etc.), and destructive. People who grow up or live near the sea depend on it but may also one day lose their life to the waters.

A person comparable to the sea, I imagine, would be wise and welcome new ideas and people with open arms. However, s/he would be selective--though all may be his/her acquaintances, only few will become his/her treasured friends. Betray him/her once and s/he will turn his/her back upon you. A sea person will have many layers, many secrets, that s/he does not intentionally keep away from others, but they simply are just the type of secrets that are too deep or feel too personal to breach.

I say yes, you could say

"Their emotions ran as high as the tide"

Or

"Their romantic situation was as rough as the waves"

Or something along those lines

Source(s): My brain