Anthony asked in SportsBaseball · 6 years ago

Rate My Fantasy Baseball Team? 1-10 w. suggestions please?

Team:

C. Wilson Ramos

1B. Anthony Rizzo

2B. Martin Prado

3B. Miguel Cabrera

SS. Troy Tulowitzki

OF: Justin Upton

OF: Hunter Pence

OF: Jason Heyward

Util: David Wright

Util: Jean Segura

-----

Bench:

Mark Teixeira

Kendrys Morales

Chris Carter

Mike Moustakas

-----

Pitchers:

Alex Cobb

Mike Minor

Jason Grilli

Jonathan Papelbon

Ernesto Frieri

Jon Lester

R.A. Dickey

Alex Wood

Tyson Ross

League Settings:

Normal Settings

12 Teams

I am NEW to Fantasy Baseball! I don't really know a lot of players, so if you know any sleepers that still may be in Wavier Wire, let me know their name and who I should drop for them. Thanks!

Also, if you have any tips, let me know!

Favorite Answer

You're loaded at 3B but kind of weak at 1st, and your outfielders leave a lot to be desired. Upton and Heyward are mutts. Drop Carter and Moustakas for OF help as soon as free agents can be added.

You've got some good closers but your starting pitchers are weak. You may want to see if you can get a starter for one of your closers.

Since you're new to fantasy baseball there's one thing you should always remember: two, three, or more average players do not equal a star. You may get offers for Migs or Wright so make sure you're getting a player of equal value, not two or three players who have the same combined production as your player.

A lot of guys will test newbies to see if they can scam them.

You line up is solid, your starting pitching is average and your bench is poor.

My tips for you would be keep a eye out in the fist two weeks of the season for breakout performers and add them to your bench. Use them if they are playing hot, sit them when they cool off. Keep a eye out for rookies ready to be called up also watch spring training for the same rookies in the event that they get called up. You may hit on a rookie that can help you for the second half of the season.

You can fix your pitching staff during the season. There will be some hot pitchers that are still out there.

Good luck!

Advice is to find some people to play against who know what they are doing. If you got all those guys, the other people don't know how to draft a team.