Danny Masterson and Bijou Phillips Welcome a Daughter Named…?

Danny Masterson and wife Bijou Phillips welcomed their first child together on February 14th, a daughter named Fianna Francis.

WHAT IT MEANS:  Soldiers

WHERE IT ORIGINATED: Translated, Fianna were small, semi-independent warrior bands in Irish and Scottish mythology. The modern use of Fianna as a feminine name may be inspired by the Irish/Celtic tradition of women warriors fighting alongside men, which was a common occurrence throughout the country’s history.

POTENTIAL NICKNAMES: Annie is a nice alternative, though Fifi would be fitting as well.

KNOW THIS: Fianna is incredibly rare, but it is more likely to be used in the U.S. since it is a common political term in Ireland and Scotland.

My question is what do you think of Fianna Francis??

POP CULTURE CONNECTION: The Fianna Fáil (also known as The Republican Party) is the name of the centrist conservative political party of Ireland.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm Irish so am well aware of what Fianna means. Because back then, women were equal to men and used to fight along side them, Fianna can also mean strength and fierceness.

I like it, its different. Its better than all those names that Americans think are Irish but they are actually never used here.

I don't like Francis.

• 6 years ago

They'll end up calling her Fifi Phillips which just has too much F sound. Celebrities really choose some ugly baby names (like Bronx Mowgli).

• 6 years ago

Fianna is alright, Francis is ugly.

• blank
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

I like Fianna.Except not keen on Francis.Always thought that was the male spellling of the name and Francois was the more feminine version.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Yuck! Don't like it at all. Fiona would've been better and Francis is male. Frances is the female spelling.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

It's different and better than a lot of celebrity names. Maybe it's a family name for one of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.