Everyone tells me my room stinks?

I can't smell anything and I'm mostly in there for the day but I can't smell anything

Best Answer

You can't smell your own smell because you are familiar with it. Even when someone said to you that your feet smell of feet odor, you could bend down and smell your feet and swore there was no smell at all. Example people who spray perfume and cologne won't be able to smell the fragrance and kept on spraying too much and make everyone nauseated but themselves because they are already immuned to it*

If you stay in there most of the time you have become used to it and do not smell anything out of the ordinary. People who do not spend a lot of time there come in and get smacked in the face by the funk. If it has gotten bad enough that people will tell you about it then it really must be bad no matter what you think because most people will try not to mention it unless it becomes overwhelmingly bad.

Source(s): Do your laundry, take a shower and get some air freshener
  • Antst

If everyone thinks it stinks, then I would trust them. We often can't smell ourselves when we get really stinky.

Every summer, I have to spend time in the wilderness without access to water for washing. When I leave the wilderness, I know that I smell kind of bad. For other people, the smell is so bad that they have to open windows or they feel nauseous.

Anyway, either you are so used to the smell that you don't notice it. Or you have a problem with your sense of smell. Test yourself. Get a family member to sit with you and smell disgusting substances (like lots of Axe body-spray). Does the family member react more strongly than you do? If you have allergies, then that might cause you to have a bad sense of smell.

Here's what you should do to get rid of the smell:

1. Change your sheets and wash them once a week.

2. Get rid of any dirty dishes on the same day that you use them.

3. Keep your dirty clothes in a closed hamper/bag.

4. Do a sniff test on your shoes. If they stink, buy new insoles or try sprinkling baking soda in them. Shut them in your closet when you're not wearing them.

5. Don't leave wet towels in a heap or they'll start to stink from mold. Hang them up to dry.

Never go to bed dirty and wash your sheets at least once a week. Use mattress/pillow covers so the odors don't get into them, and open your windows whenever possible. A plant will also freshen the air, along with candles or plug in air fresheners.

Source(s): My husband.

You have gotten used to the smell so you cannot detect. Open a window and air out the pig sty of a room you are in.

Febreeze odor effects

Open a window

Clean it