If i do, what do you learn?

What jobs can you get after it?

Is it all math?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

So cloud computing is both specific and broad. Roughly instead of the normal home pc setup where 1 computer is being used for a task, like surfing the internet or watching netflix. Instead you have several computers working together on the same task clustered. Cloud computing is used a lot in the "real" world from labs studying proteins (the fold at home project), to "big data" companies and government agencies like the USGIS, it's also a way of making your own super computer of sorts, because depending on the task, 4 below average pc's can out-compute 1 high-end desktop.

In college you will learn about sorting algorithms and how some ways of sorting are faster than others. A common assignment is to perform different sorting operations on a long list of garbled numbers, largest to smallest, smallest to largest etc. In my case one of the lists of numbers was so long that no computer could reasonably finish it before the assignment was due, except for one guy that distributed the operations on several machines working together.

You can get jobs in research across many fields, be a data miner or many other number of positions. Some of it is math, (finding ways to be faster or more efficient). A lot of people studying computer science in school also receive a minor in math because many of the classes overlap, and some double major. Any computer science degree will require something along the lines of Calc 1+2, Discrete Mathematics (that one is actually kind of fun) and calculus based statistics.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

Cloud computing is simply using apps, and file storage etc., that are located on the Internet instead of installed on your computer.

Source(s): Me. Playin with PCs since 1995
    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.