Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 7 years ago

What was this movie called?

Well my mom and I have been extensively searching for a movie she only remembers a scene from the trailer for. Anyways the time period would be the late 70s or in the 80s and its a horror film. The scene was there was a large birthday cake and a four-fingered hand smashes into it. She's not sure if it was an alien hand or what but whatever you know may help. Sorry not a lot of information but maybe any avid movie watchers will know. Thanks a ton!

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Psico
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like "It Lives Again" (1978) A.K.A. "It's Alive II" directed by Larry Cohen. In my country (México) the title is "El monstruo vuelve a nacer".

Partial plot from Wikipedia:

In Los Angeles, Frank Davis (John Ryan) and his wife Lenore (Sharon Farrell) are expecting their second child. Frank is a successful public relations consultant and his wife is a stay-at-home mom for their first child, Chris (Daniel Holzman). The couple had avoided having a child for several years while Lenore took contraceptive pills. When the child is ready to be born, they leave Chris with a family friend, Charley (William Wellman, Jr.) and head to the hospital.

Their second child is born monstrously deformed, with fangs and claws. Immediately after birth, one of the doctors attempts to suffocate the child. The child kills the doctors and nurses, and flees through a skylight. Lenore is left alive, screaming for her child as a horrified Frank discovers the carnage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_Alive_(1974_film...

And here is the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST8yqabM_Lc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.