Jamal asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

If Johnny Manziel is the Texans quarterback in 2014, can the Texans be a potential AFC powerhouse?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

With a rookie QB that is questionable NFL talent?

I hardly think so.

• People need to understand that it will not matter what QB is under center for the Texans it could be Schaub Keenum Manziel Bortles Yates the Texans will make the playoffs. The Texans punched their ticket in to the playoffs when they fired Kubiak and Phillips. That was their real problem. So yes with or without Manziel the Texans will be an AFC powerhouse they will win the AFC South again. As a Broncos fan im worried they match up really well againts us.

Source(s): An unbiased Broncos fan
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Actually, it depends on his work ethic during every offseason. If Johnny Manziel works hard and performs very well in practice every day, he will greatly improve his chances of becoming a successful, top notch NFL quarterback in the future.

• 7 years ago

The Texans can be an AFC Powerhouse with Schaub. point is that i does not matter what QB Houston has they will still win the division.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

The Texans will own the AFC South with or without Manziel.

• 7 years ago

Nope. The Texans have talent, but I have serious doubts that Manziel can make it through an entire NFL season.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

No... It will take more than Manziel to make Houston a powerhouse.......

Source(s): RT....
  • 7 years ago

Don't know. The season hasn't even started yet. We can't predict because NFL and College is a whole different ball game. But I don't think Manziel be drafted by Texans. Texans might pass on him and sign AJ McCaron.

• 7 years ago

Not right away. I think that as long as the Colts keep making the right decisions on personnel, the division is theirs until Manziel can prove he can get the Texans over the hump.

• 7 years ago

Nooooooo freaking way dude, not even in the afc south.

Manziel wont be able to do what he did in college in the NFL

Source(s): RG3
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Nope. Manziel will be another Tebow.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.