Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 6 years ago

HELP PLEASE! HELP PLEASE! IS IT TOO LATE NOW?!?

Right, so I want to become a figure skater. I know I will probably never get into the Olympics but why not? I can learn and am a quick learner. I am 13 yrs of age and can already skate correctly, had some help from instructors, can skate backwards and keep my balance well. I can do stuff like axels and stand up splits off-ice and do daily off-ice workouts to build up my skating muscles x do you think I still have any chance of becoming a professional skater and maybe even getting into high competitions or even the Olympics please tell me what I need to do x thank you nevermind all of that, ice skating is a sport that I love more than anything else and would give up all of my time to

• K
    Favorite Answer

No. It is too late for you to become an Olympic skater. End of story.

Why? Honey, when Evgeni Plushenko was your age he was starting work on the QUAD TOE. Julia Lipnitskaya and Polina Edmunds - both Olympians with the full range of triples - are only TWO YEARS OLDER THAN YOU. You are simply too old. And I don't give a flying f*ck that you won't choose my answer as best because at least I told you the truth, unlike the idiots who will give you cute fluffy answers that say "if u beleeeve u can du ennythin!!!!!!!"

No, you can't sorry... But you can always skate because you truly love it :-)