Where is the best place to get my hair done for prom?

This will be the first prom I've gone to, and I know nothing about getting ready for it or anything!! Where is the best place to get my hair done? Makeup? Dress? Anything will help, any advice at all!! Thank you for the help!

• MBeez
    Favorite Answer

I went to a local hair salon. The one in my town was well-know for stunning prom hair styling. I called and made an appointment a couples months in advance. My hair was done so beautifully and it cost me $60 plus tip.

I did my makeup myself at a friend's house. None of my friends had their makeup done professionally. If you're worried about your makeup staying fresh and neat all night, it might be a good idea to have it done professionally...especially if you are not the "makeup type" and therefore not used to doing it yourself.

I bought both of my prom dresses (I attended 2) at a gently used clothing store in my area. They had lots of dresses to choose from. I wore a dramatic black mermaid-style gown to my first prom. It looked like old Hollywood. My 2nd dress was a blue tulle ball gown with the top covered in turquoise sequins and crystals. It looked Taylor Swift-ish. My first one cost me $200 and my second was $250.

Ask your dress shop if they do alterations or if they recommend a place to have alterations. I luckily did not need alterations on either of my dresses because my mom could do them.

If you want to wear a corsage, ask local florists if they offer prom specials for corsages.

When trying on dresses, wear a nude-colored bra with removable straps. Wear a nude-colored spanx if you plan on wearing them on your prom night. Otherwise, wear nude undies that you would feel comfortable in in front of a sales associate.

Bring shoes that are roughly the height you plan on wearing to try on dresses.

Wear a basic outfit to try on dresses so you don't have to keep getting dressed and undressed. Wear a simple casual dress or bring a robe to change into.

DO NOT stress about the size of the dresses you try on. Dress sizes can be very different from regular clothing sizes. For example, a friend of mine who is normally a size 0 wore a gown that was marked as a size 8 to prom. No need to feel sad about the size you wear.

Do not try on a dress that is out of your price range. You will feel terribly sad if you end up liking it and cannot afford it.

Only bring along people who will encourage you and give you positive or constructive feedback about your dress selections.

Only try on less than 6 dresses per session if you can help it. Or else you will forget which ones you liked and they will all blend together.

Bring a phone or camera for pictures.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): place hair prom: https://tr.im/zBpLs

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avkV8

Nebraska is a rather large state, with more than a few cities. The best thing for you to do is go to yahoo local, type in your zip code and search for hair-dressers.