Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsSnowboarding · 7 years ago

whats a very good skateboard brand?

I used to skate a couple of years ago and I wanted to start again but ive kinda forgot about whats good or not and I dont know what sort of deck would be good for me.

im 15 and a girl, im about 4ft 9/12 and I way just a little over 7 stone..

I dont know what brand I should get for each thing deck, trucks, wheels ect.. I know most people say element, girl, independent, enjoi, zero and some other but ive completely forgotten which ones I liked, so I just kinda need to know which ones are good and would be right for me(price doesnt matter) and I need to know what size board would be right for me:)

Favorite Answer

first DONT BUY A COMPLETE SKATE they are made wiyh the worst pieces

board element is one of the best

size 8.0 so you land better the tricks and that

truck independent

bearing pig (red one rocks) abec 3 or 5

wheels bones or pigs

52mm if street skate or wide if just ride

grip tape any black without paint because gives you less grip

that should do it for now

Source(s): SKATE IT!

Cool! All of those brands you listed are great brands. I hope you don't mind if I go into detail about each specific part. What brand you get is totally a personal preference and you'll find which ones you like and don't like over the years.

I'll try to help you out.

Deck- the only thing that really matters is the width. If you want to do technical stuff (street, tricks) get a width of between 7.6 and 8 inches. If you're leaning towards vert, bowl, or just cruising around, you can afford to go wider than 8 inches.

Shoes- you have two options. Vulcanized or Cupsole. Vulcanized shoes have a thinner, rubber sole that allows for very good board feel at the cost of padding. Vulcs are good for technical skating. Cupsole shoes have much less board feel and much more padding. So if you think you want to ollie off of stairs, or just don't want to hurt your feet, get cup soles.

Griptape- just make sure the sheet is big enough for your deck

Riser/shock pads- these are inserts that go in between the bottom of your deck and the baseplate of your trucks. They are optional. They raise your board off the ground to prevent wheelebite and reduce pressure cracks on your deck.

Trucks- should be the same axle width of your deck. Many come in Hi-Mid-Lo options. It's completely a preference thing.

Hardware- if you have riser pads then go for hardware longer than an inch. if you don't have riser pads, just get 3/4 inch will do nicely!

Wheels- measured in 2 ways. Durometer and diameter. Durometer is how hard your wheels are. They are measured on the "a" scale. The lower the number the softer the wheel. 70a is a very soft wheel and 100a is a very hard wheel. A harder wheel will: Allow you to roll much faster than a softer wheel, but makes for a very bumpy ride. Harder wheels also last longer than softer ones. Diameter is how big your wheels are. The bigger the wheel is, the faster you go.

Bearings: rated in many different ways. Most often rated on the ABEC scale. Abec3 is the worst quality and Abec9 is the best.

I would not recommend buying a complete as you do not get to decide your personal preferences.

My setup: ZooYork 7.75 inch deck, Mob griptape, Element 1/8 inch shock pads, Royal 7.75 inch Lo trucks, 1.25 inch hardware, Ricta Naturals 55mm 99a wheels, Bones REDS bearings. I skate Etnies Marana cupsole shoes. I usually order all of my equipment from www.warehouseskateboards.com

Source(s): 2 years skating and loving every second of it!
  • Kilo

All of the brands you mentioned are good. It's all about personal taste.

anything in a legit skate shop is good :P