Whats happening in Venezuela?

Hey Guys, so last night I was watching an award ceremony and every person who won would always send a shout out to Venuzuela people. Some even carried the Venezuela flag..I herd that something was going on with the Government, but i;m not sure. Can someone please explain to me whats happening in Venezuela?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi, Venezuela is being involved in social problems, the insecurity in all the territory is too high, then some college students in Táchira (one of the states or provinces) go to protest in the streets, they were attacked by the government and many of them were jailed. To protest is a right to all the citizens in Venezuela, so the attitude of the government is against the constitution. From that, students of other parts of the country go to protest too and begin violent clashes between protesters and national guards (a component of the armed force). This situation continue today and is more dangerous each day. The government is trying to hide the problem and blame the politic oposition, so the president have jailed one oposition dirigent and is forcing the national media not to have news about the problem. In fact the government has blocked the transmissions of an international channel (NTN24) and it has threaten the channel "CNN in spanish" to be blocked in Venezuela too, because CNN is one of the few channels that reports about the problem.

Source(s): I'm a venezuelan in Venezuela.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Well, Venezuelan students have been revolting against the new president, ever since the other one died in 2013, and really even the old president was bad because Venezuela has a lot of resources and have been giving their resources to Hezbollah from Lebanon, and some south american group that's like ISIS. The students are being killed and hurt by police. Even old politicians that fought against the government with the students were sent to jail for a very long time making it a threat.

• 6 years ago

This is what's happening http://www.buzzfeed.com/adriancarrasquillo/everyth...

People are really pissed off and students started taking to the streets to call for an end of violence and lack of jobs. They were peaceful protests but Maduro's thugs and Cuban paramilitaries started shooting them. They have closed a Colombian-run TV station, have blocked the internet in some cities, first had thugs rob the CNN crew of their cameras at gunpoint a few days ago and have now kicked them out of the country, they have arrested a peaceful opposition leader, they have expelled 3 US diplomats. It's a complete mess

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Pray For Venezuela

This free vector is a design of the flag of Venezuela with text Pray for Venezuela in eps and jpg format, by jimxpe.

Download it free now!

http://empirevectorstock.com/ltmp-0019926.html

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.