Why are women still seen as the inferior gender?

It just annoys me so much! It's 2014, why can't people just accept women as equals? And before any one brings up the old "my religion says so..." argument, it does not say anywhere in the Quran, Bible or the Tanakh/Torah that women aren't equals (atleast in the Bible and the Quran it... show more It just annoys me so much! It's 2014, why can't people just accept women as equals? And before any one brings up the old "my religion says so..." argument, it does not say anywhere in the Quran, Bible or the Tanakh/Torah that women aren't equals (atleast in the Bible and the Quran it doesn't, i don't have much knowledge on judaism, please highlight if it says so in the Torah, my apologies if I am wrong)
The worst thing is that some STUPID people acctually expect all women to be housewives and baby making machienes, dedicating their lives to their husbands and only there husbands.(*) WHAT THE HELL?! WE HAVE LIVES TO LIVE TOO! Anywho, i'd like to invite you all to coment on this matter, all oppinions are welcome, although they won't all be accepted with warm hands :)

(*)- i realise that some women acctually want to live this way, i'm not saying that i disagree with your life style, i'm saying i despise people who EXPECT women to live this way