What medicines and aid kits to bring for jungle trekking?

My boyfriend is starting his first job and he's going to be in the jungle for a week. So I was thinking of preparing him medicines and all the stuff he needs if something happens. can you guys help me please?

Favorite Answer

Tweasers and magnifying glass for thorns and stingers.

Anti-itch (cortizone) cream.

Headlamp.

He should always have a good knife and the means to sharpen it.

It has been said that any problem you can't solve with a bandanna and duct tape, you don't need first aid, you need a helicopter.

I assume his employer will have thought of and prepared necessary first aid stuff. It's not like he has to survive on his own for a week.

Your boyfriend will need to get prescription antibiotics from a physician. Your boyfriend will need to get vaccinations relevant to his destination. You may want to buy medical evacuation insurance for him.

You could purchase a water purifier for him.

You could pack aspirin.

You are not going to have access for any anti-venom.

You need to be specific concerning which "jungle" he will be traveling, since the region affects the hazards.

Survival essentials in gear are fairly universal:

In my pockets, I always carry a pocket knife and fire starter, tissues or lint packets, along with several bandages in my wallet. Although reception does not exist in many gulches, I carry a cell phone that usually functions above tree-line.

In my daypack, I have compression sacks that hold my down jacket, heat packs, windbreaker, and down mittens or lighter gloves. I carry a second fire starter and two headlamps with extra batteries. I pack trail snacks, such as cheese, nuts, and rice chips. Attached by carabiner, I have at least two water bottles, sunglasses, reading glasses, and global positioning system. On most hikes, I also carry a water filter.

• chris

Whatever you put together make sure he has DEET bug repellant.

First aid kits how to choose,

http://www.rei.com/learn/expert-advice/firstaid-ki...