thegreatone asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 years ago

How to keep from being sick?

I get sick with the flu every few months, and I stay sick for a few months at a time. When I'm sick, I throw up so much that it's as if Niagra Falls is coming out of me. One time, it took me two hours to finish throwing up. How do I keep myself from getting sick? If I do get sick, how do I get healthy again?

Yes, there's hand washing to keep from getting sick, but that doesn't work. There is another reason behind it than simple hand washing. What could it be? A weak immune system? That's what I'm thinking. How do I boost my immune system?

• Math
    Favorite Answer

Sleep well. A minimum of 8 to 9 hours each night. That's critical to maintaining immunity.

Eat healthy and nutritious food, that's clean and fresh

Keep your hands clean by washing them frequently with soap and water (any soap will do. Antibacterial soap isn't needed).

Avoid touching door knobs, handles or any object that's touched by lot of people (including elevator buttons too).

Public restroom's door knobs are worst of the worst. Use paper towel or your shirt to open it. Since 2002 I've been doing that whenever I use any public restroom. If you have to touch then use hand sanitizer later.

Most of the germs that make you sick come from unclean hands.

Have a clean computer and cell phone -- they also have lots and lots of microbes on them.

Eat well cooked meats (like chicken, eggs, fish, etc etc). Undercooked or low heat cooking can result in making you sick. Utensils and dishes should be clean too

Also wear clean clothes and shower regularly. And have good oral hygiene (brush at least twice a day and floss after each meal).

That's about it. It should help you prevent being sick from a germ infection.

Lastly stay warm in cold weather. If it's way below freezing -- single digit temperature (less than 7 degrees), be prepared to take precautions

My immunity broke down too and I was generally sick all the time whenever i faced math final exams. I often deprived myself of sleep. And after the finals were over I'd become very ill and glued to the bed for days. It was very tough to put up with it. It would then take me 2 weeks or so to recover and get back in health.

Good luck

Add natural antibiotics to your diet. You may not like what is about to come but that is the truth. Add garlic and ginger to your daily diet to raise your immune level. Eat a piece of ginger every morning someway or the other and eat few pods of garlic every night. You may not like to eat raw garlic, so in the beginning to get used to you can roast the garlic to light brown and eat.

Always remember "whatever tastier for the two and a half inch tongue is not good for the body and whatever is bitter for the same tongue is very good for the body". There is no taste once the food goes past the tongue so why satisfy the tongue.

Add herbs and spices to your everyday diet and you live a sickness free life.

You should see your doctor, you have to be lacking in certain vitamins to be low in your immune system.

I was that way last year and my doctor found that i have very low iron and low vitamin B and Folic acids....im on medication for it now and feel alot better.

There are doctors and that's what they train for, to help sick people. Good luck

xooxoxoxox