Are hosted virtual servers or cloud desktops a good option for a small or medium company?

There are several security related issues with cloud computing solutions. Though, it gives many advantages i.e. cost reduction, ease of accessibility and other business provisioning advantages but why companies are still reluctant to accept cloud computing?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think they are most viable for small and medium organizations who can't afford to buy physical servers due to limited budgets. When it comes to Hosted virtual servers, many companies have already embraced cloud technology for many reasons including cost reductions. Hosted virtual desktops, on the other hand, are gaining popularity and getting a lot of traction lately.

Security is no more a threat in my opinion. Many cloud providers provide several layers of physical and virtual security. This includes things like physical firewalls, DMZs, virtual firewalls, intrusion prevention systems etc. The security inside Operating systems has also been improved so security shouldn't be a concern any more.

• 6 years ago

Many startups do not have the budgets to bring on dedicated IT experts who can build out infrastructure and provide immediate solutions to end users. Small businesses must simplify both hardware and software costs in order to maximize profitability.

The virtual desktop approach gives small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) control over their environment, while reducing labor overhead and hardware expenses.

The top benefit for small businesses is the pay-as-you-go usage model associated with cloud virtual desktops.

https://www.clouddesktoponline.com/ is best Hosted cloud desktop provider. In market for SMBs.You should try this one; it has been working great for me till now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.