Why is there a negative connotation with being single by choice?

I do not want to be in a relationship. I have been in long term relationships and there were more downsides than it was worth. The girls were bitchy, they said one thing but meant/wanted another, it was all about what they wanted and how I have to "man up" so they can have it. Now, I have decided that I... show more I do not want to be in a relationship. I have been in long term relationships and there were more downsides than it was worth.
The girls were bitchy, they said one thing but meant/wanted another, it was all about what they wanted and how I have to "man up" so they can have it.

Now, I have decided that I would much rather be single. These women that I have been with were just not worth the headaches that they caused. The things is people think that I am gay because I decline really attractive women.

Why can't people just be happy for me that I am content with where I am in life?