should we hold obama accountable?
1. IRS targets Obama's enemies: The IRS targeted conservative and pro-Israel groups prior to the 2012 election. Questions are being raised about why this occurred, who ordered it, whether there was any White House involvement and whether there was an initial effort to hide who knew about the targeting and when.
2. Benghazi: This is actually three scandals in one: The failure of administration to protect the Benghazi mission; the changes made to the talking points in order to suggest the attack was motivated by an anti-Muslim video; and the refusal of the White House to say what President Obama did the night of the attack.
3. Keeping an eye on The Associated Press: The Justice Department performed a massive cull of Associated Press reporters' phone records as part of a leak investigation.
4. Rosengate: The Justice Department suggested that Fox News reporter James Rosen is a criminal for reporting about classified information and subsequently monitored his phones and emails.
5. Potential Holder perjury I: Attorney General Eric Holder told Congress he had never been associated with "potential prosecution" of a journalist for perjury when in fact he signed the affidavit that termed Rosen a potential criminal.
6. The ATF "Fast and Furious" scheme: Federal agencies allowed weapons from U.S. gun dealers to "walk" across the border into the hands of Mexican drug dealers. The ATF summarily lost track of scores of those weapons, many of which were used in crimes, including the December 2010 killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry.
7. Potential Holder perjury II: Holder told Congress in May 2011 that he had just recently heard about the Fast and Furious gun walking scheme when there is evidence he may have known much earlier.
8. Sebelius demands payment: HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius solicited donations from companies HHS might regulate. The money would be used to help her sign up uninsured Americans for Obamacare.
9. The Pigford scandal: An Agriculture Department effort that started as an attempt to compensate black farmers who had been discriminated against by the agency but evolved into a gravy train delivering several billion dollars in cash to thousands of additional minority and female farmers who probably didn't face discrimination.
10. GSA gone wild: The General Services Administration in 2010 held an $823,000 training conference in Las Vegas, featuring a clown and a mind readers. Resulted in the resignation of the GSA administrator.
11. Veterans Affairs in Disney World: The agency wasted more than $6 million on two conferences in Orlando. An assistant secretary was fired.
12. Sebelius violates the Hatch Act: A U.S. special counsel determined that Sebelius violated the Hatch Act when she made "extemporaneous partisan remarks" during a speech in her official capacity last year. During the remarks, Sebelius called for the election of the Democratic candidate for governor of North Carolina.
13. Solyndra: Republicans charged the Obama Administration funded and promoted its poster boy for green energy despite warning signs the company was headed for bankruptcy. The administration also allegedly pressed Solyndra to delay layoff announcements until after the 2010 midterm elections.
14. AKA Lisa Jackson: Former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson used the name "Richard Windsor" when corresponding by email with other government officials, drawing charges she was trying to evade scrutiny.
15. The New Black Panthers: The Justice Department was accused of using a racial double standard in failing to pursue a voter intimidation case against Black Panthers who appeared to be menacing voters at a polling place in 2008 in Philadelphia.
16. Waging war all by myself: Obama may have violated the Constitution and both the letter and the spirit of the War Powers Resolution by attacking Libya without Congressional approval.
17. Biden bullies the press: Vice President Biden's office has repeatedly interfered with coverage, including forcing a reporter to wait in a closet, making a reporter delete photos, and editing pool reports.
18. AKPD not A-OK: The administration paid millions to the former firm of then-White House adviser David Axelrod, AKPD Message and Media, to promote passage of Obamacare. Some questioned whether the firm was hired to help pay Axelrod $2 million AKPD owed him.
19. Sestak, we'll take care of you: Former White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used Bill Clinton as an intermediary to probe whether former Rep. Joe Sestak (D-Pa.) would accept a prominent, unpaid White House advisory position in exchange for dropping out of the 2010 primary against former Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).
20. I'll pass my own laws: Obama has repeatedly been accused of making end runs around Congress
- Anonymous6 years agoFavorite Answer
WOW. You don’t read much, do you?
I’d debunk all of your claims, but let’s just start with:
1. IRS. There is NO SCANDAL here. The White House did NOT target “conservative groups.” This is the FACT, made clear by multiple hearings, and now the investigation of Daryll Issa on his many LIES on the subject. The FACT is that the IRS, led by a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN scrutinized 501c4 groups engaging in far more “politics” than in “social welfare” (the purpose of that tax status), and it wasn’t only conservative groups. It was liberal groups, too...BY THE WAY - the ONLY groups denied were liberal groups.
2. Benghazi. You are wrong on all counts. But that aside, where were you when the 13 embassy attacks happened under Bush, with a far higher body count? Benghazi was NOT an “AlQaeda-led attack,” as you righties claim. It very well could’ve been launched in part due to that video, which created massive protests in many places just before hand. The REAL scandal is the right-wing lies and the Republicans cutting embassy security spending.
And Fast & Furious. You are SO wrong. Look up the Forbes article titled, “The Truth about Fast & Furious.” GW Bush’s program DID let guns walk. The Arizona regional office doing Fast & Furious never intended for guns to cross the border. Etc.
- ScalesofJustice4Lv 66 years ago
This sitting president has ignited a lot of fires.
Some can be dismissed and put out. Others
however remain smoldering and burning deep
in the heart of the darkness this man has created.
- Anonymous6 years ago
why hold one man responsible for all of this when you should be looking at the thing as a whole
barely any of them where caused directly by Obama so you should attack the causes of the issues instead of scapegoating someone who is not in direct contact of them
- LINDA RLv 76 years ago
Yes Obama and Holder should be held accountable.
This will not happen because they are Black.
Any White Politician that acted in the same lawless ways would be sitting in Jail by now.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 6 years ago
If not, we have a new kind of country. All the presidents to come will use the same tactics because allowing this to continue is the same as accepting it in all future administrations, red or blue. Tyranny.
- NguyenLv 76 years ago
True but you left out he is the first BLACK president.
Does any politician have the balls to say the first BLACK president is a currupt worthless president who hurts the United States?
Did anyone say impeachment ? NO
Can anyone say HE WAS ELECTED ON HIS SKIN COLOR only?
- 6 years ago
Obama is a politician, every politician bends the laws including these idiots complaining about big government while still playing a part in it. Why don't you talk about holding every politician accountable instead of just the one you are obsessed with.
- LeoLv 76 years ago
No. The right is accountable for their own BS talking points. Your list is mindless crap.
- SchiffyLv 66 years ago
Yes, he is boss and what his people do is on him. Where is Truman and "the buck stops here"?
- Anonymous6 years ago
Better people than you have tried and failed