Windows 7 - How can I remove screensavers?
How can I remove the items on the "Screensaver Options"? (The items doesn't appear on "Uninstall Programs".
- Anonymous6 years agoFavorite Answer
Go to Search and Files and Folders....and type in *.scr for the filename and click Find Now.
As all the screen-savers show up on the right hand side, you can then right click and delete the ones that are on your written list.
1. Click the Start Menu button at the bottom left of your screen, then click "Computer".
2. Double-click on your "Local Disk" (usually "C:"), then double-click on the "Windows" folder.
3. As explained on the Where are screensavers stored? help page, and depending on your version of the Windows operating system, your screensaver may be located in one of the following folders:
4. Browse through these alphabetically sorted folders to see if you can find the name of your screensaver.
Alternatively, you can sort the file list by type by clicking on the "Type" column header. Then scroll down, keeping an eye on the "Type" column, to find all files labeled as "Screensaver".
5. If you find it, make sure its file type is "Screensaver", then right-click on it and select "Delete".