What documents are required to transfer my California driver's license to Texas?

I just moved from California to Texas and was wondering what I need to transfer my license over. I have:

*My valid California driver's license

*My birth certificate

*My social security card

*A pay stub from my new job

Is there anything else that I will need?

Favorite Answer

The Texas Department of Public Safety will issue a Texas license. This is from their website.

"Apply for a Texas Driver License

The Texas Driver’s Handbook is available online or at any driver license office to help individuals qualify for a Texas driver license.

Individuals applying for their first Texas driver license must:

Gather documents that verify their identity, Social Security Number, U.S. citizenship or lawful presence status, and Texas residency.

Complete the application. (This form is also available at any driver license office.)

Present either: Proof of Texas vehicle registration (only if a new Texas resident) and evidence of financial responsibility for each vehicle owned by the applicant or

A statement affirming that the applicant does not own a motor vehicle.

Apply in person at any driver license office and bring the required documents and fees.

Pass the knowledge and driving tests, unless exempt. (Read about testing in other languages.)

NOTE: Applicants under 25 years of age must also successfully complete a driver education course before applying for their first Texas driver license".

You see the Texas DMV concerning license plates and vehicle inspection.

Check the websites for more detailed information.

• D J

You need a piece of mail such as a utility bill mailed to your home address to prove your residence.