Anime like code geass?

What I am looking for is an anime with this list of qualities.

1. Strong lead who is able to make decisions.

2. Lead's thought process.

3. Good artwork.

4. Characters die. (It should have it's sad moments)

5. A settings which draws you in.

6. Possibly, a bit of comedy, but mostly serious plot.

7. Romance.

8. Constant tension, cliffhangers.

What I liked about Code Geass was how it really drew you in. The pacing was great, the characters were great (except for a few) the premise was simple, but executed masterfully, and the ending leaves me both satisfied and devastated every time I rematch it. It doesn't really matter what the setting is, as long as the mood is right.

Here is a list of anime that i have already seen.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Klepar

Favorite Answer

Sword Art Online - a virtual reality MMO traps millions of gamers inside the game and those who die in the game die in real life; the lead is a solo player who is the best player in the game

Death Note - a serial killer has a book that can kill people just by writing a name in it, but is investigated by the world's greatest detective; the lead is the serial killer bent on ridding the world of evil

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - an anti-war organization wages war against any and all people who support or create war; the lead is an emotionless child soldier obsessed with his robot and role to change the world

Full Metal Panic - a mercenary organization is given the mission to protect a girl by any means necessary from terrorist groups; the lead is a dense soldier with little knowledge outside military

Death Note and Gundam 00 are serious shows with very little comedy, SAO is a well mix of comedy and drama, and FMP has a strong focus on comedy but becomes is very serious in battles

I can recommend Attack on Titan - truly worthy of the hype, and it ticks all the boxes you outlined.

Another good one is Mirai Nikki. The only problem is that its male lead is somewhat... recessive. It's really only halfway through the story that he actually gets his *** in gear and starts doing stuff on his own. The other characters are strong, though, and there are plenty of sad and suspenseful moments.

Shiki is an extremely interesting anime, and definitely one of my favourites. It's one of those that messes with your mind, and the artwork is unique, like Code Geass. It's told across a whole village, so although there are main characters, it relies more on interwoven story webs. One of the best fictional atmosphere ever created, in my opinion.

It's late, and I can't think of that many more off the top of my head, but I hope these are good to start you off. :)

Guilty crown is a lot like code geass (almost a rip-off) but with the biggest difference that it's complete ****.

Death note is a good anime, has 1, 2, 3, 4 and 8.

Fate/zero is also quite good, but it lacks a good ending.

• Legion

Shakugan No Shana, lead starts out as weak though, people die, has some good cliff hangers. 3 seasons. Has romance and the rest.

mirai nikki, some people love it, but not me, the characters are psycho/loco/crazy...., give it a try though since you like death

death note

pandora hearts - love this one =))

Attack on titan and deathnote