Will/should Suzanne Collins write a prequel to the Hunger Games?

I really want a prequel that explains what cataclysm caused their to be the country Panem, whether the outside world (other continents, b/c Panem is just North America) knew of the Hunger Games and why they didn't intervene, and like the first Hunger Games and stuff.

• Marden
    Favorite Answer

That actually sounds like it could be a good idea for another book in the series. Personally, I think that Suzanne Collins SHOULD write a prequel to The Hunger Games but that is likely not going to happen. Suzanne Collins has actually said (through her agent) that she will not be writing a fourth book in the series. This includes any sequel after Mockingjay and any prequel before The Hunger Games. Personally, I would like to read a book comprising of the 50th Hunger Games because the victor is Haymitch Abernathy, the one most seen and talked about out of all 73 previous victors before Katniss and Peeta.