Jesus/God believers ! Where in the Bible does it say that ?

God talks to himself ?

• CB
    Favorite Answer

Jesus Christ

Definition: The only-begotten Son of God, the only Son produced by Jehovah alone. This Son is the firstborn of all creation. By means of him all other things in heaven and on earth were created. He is the second-greatest personage in the universe. It is this Son whom Jehovah sent to the earth to give his life as a ransom for mankind, thus opening the way to eternal life for those of Adam’s offspring who would exercise faith. This same Son, restored to heavenly glory, now rules as King, with authority to destroy all the wicked and to carry out his Father’s original purpose for the earth. The Hebrew form of the name Jesus means Jehovah Is Salvation; Christ is the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi′ach (Messiah), meaning Anointed One.

God’s Son Is Accountable

What a fine example has been set by God’s Son, Jesus Christ! As a perfect man on a par with Adam, Jesus was delighted to do the divine will. He was also glad to be held accountable for compliance with Jehovah’s law. Concerning him, the psalmist fittingly prophesied: To do your will, O my God, I have delighted, and your law is within my inward parts.—Psalm 40:8; Hebrews 10:6-9.

Despite the hateful opposition that Jesus experienced, he did God’s will and maintained integrity to death on a torture stake. He thereby paid the ransom price to redeem mankind from the death-dealing consequences of Adam’s sin. (Matthew 20:28) Hence, on the eve of his death, Jesus could confidently pray: I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. So now you, Father, glorify me alongside yourself with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was. (John 17:4, 5) Jesus could say those words to his heavenly Father because he was successfully meeting the test of accountability and was acceptable to God.

Source(s): Bible/JW.org
  • Diane

I can never understand how trinitarians can believe Jesus is Almighty God when Satan believed he had a good chance of tempting him to worship him by offering the capitals of the world. I mean, if Jesus was Almighty God he could have squashed Satan immediately and not had to argue about it at all. Satan would have known that and not attempted the temptation or said he would return to have another go.

And if he were Almighty God why did Almighty God then elevate him above the angels when he returned to heaven? Why was he GIVEN the kingdom over earth. Its not logical. He was a lower being, not part of, Almighty God as just this few examples show.

God spoke our universe into existence. He said "Let there be", and it was - Hebrews 11:3

Jesus is the Word of God, so when God speaks, it is actually Jesus speaking.

Thus, when Jesus speaks to God, that is actually the Word, who IS God (John 1:1-3) speaking to God. Notice how in that passage, the Word created everything that was created? The Word created by speaking all things into existence, because He is the Word of God. Neat, uh?

Now, to confirm that, read Hebrews 11:3 again, and then read Hebrews 1:3.

But I notice from answers here that some people make the mistake of thinking that Jesus is supposed to be the same person as God the Father. Not so. No Christian believes that. Only Oneness Pentecostals make that false claim, not orthodox Christianity. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, and the Holy Spirit is neither the Father nor the Son. But Jehovah s Witnesses seem utterly incapable of realizing that because they have been told error about what the Trinity doctrine is supposed to claim. Sad. AiH

• Maybe it's the following scriptures;

(Matthew 17:21) 21 —— (John 5:4) 4 —— Acts 29_____

I saw it a bit in the old testament. It is really epic because he says stuff like "us" and "we" when talking to Himself!

Source(s): God is awesome!
  • Velma

Like a wise 96 year old said, "You have to talk to someone intelligent once in a while."

Blessing all with wisdom enough to use our knowledge well!

To "Wayne" yes...God created man....Jesus was there as his "master worker" but even Christ directed all praise to God....always!

You can read a conversation between the members of the trinity in Psalm 2.

But to the Son He says "Your throne, O God, is forever".

• Jim

ONE MORE TIME!: The Father + Jesus(Son) + The Holy Spirit = God.