Is it just Denver... or are people in a stupor everywhere in the U.S.?

I've been realizing lately that there are an astounding number of people around me who:

1. Don't ask questions, like on the job,

2. Don't do what they said they were going to do, and I have to hound them continually to get them to do what they said they'd do,

3. Don't think of simple solutions to problems that arise, that really aren't that difficult to think of,

4. Don't complain to anyone in authority about problems such as traffic light timing issues or insufficient building or property maintenance,

5. Drive so slowly that I can't comprehend how they can do that,

and so on.

It seems like everyone around me is in a fog. The law office on my accident claim case sat on it for two months, doing nothing, when I thought the next steps were quite clear. Processes at work were being done incorrectly for a long period of time, and I was being given grossly incorrect instructions about how I should be completing a certain process. People don't know why a letter or contract has a certain paragraph on it. And it seems I'm the only one of god knows how many thousands or millions in my area who has actually called in to ask the authorities to check and adjust traffic lights to help alleviate traffic congestion.

I thought *I* was the dreaming one, but it appears that I'm more awake than everyone else around here. What's up with that? Is everyone really in such a trance that they've become mindless?

• Favorite Answer

>>Is it just Denver... or are people in a stupor everywhere

Well... that's humans for you.

A lot of animals think humans are really smart because they drive cars and have computers and stuff. I call bullshit on that. They have opposable thumbs and language capability and that's it. A species of two-trick ponies.

When you've studied humans as long as I have, you realise that the vast majority are complete f*cking idiots.

I should write a book about it:

Idiots With Thumbs

Subtitle: A small furry animal's guide to dealing with humanity

In consumer societies, the ideal member cannot think for him/herself (hence the LOUSY education systems), is easily manipulated, easily propagandized, is just a tool to use and discard on the front lines!

Brainwashed into reacting to 'subliminal commands', play 'nationalistic music', point at someone and cry (pick the latest phrase; terrorist, 9/11, freedom, God, whatever), and release them!

Bang! They are off to kill, or buy/consume!

Mindless drones!

And they vote for whoever you tell them to!

Thus the corrupt bastards remain in power, and the idiots keep on voting...

I've heard of some theories that our loving government is doing some "experiments" in the Denver area. Don't know if it's true or not but I would look into it. The inbred billionaires that own this country are bored with their money so I wouldn't rule anything out.

I think, It is Everywhere, without the "DIFFERENTIATION" of Any Kind, Which Shows How We Humans Likes to Enjoy Our Life with the "OPPOSITE DIRECTION".

• Sara

Wait... didn't Colorado just legalize marijuana?

There's your answer.

People don't want to complicate their lives by getting involved

• Jesere

sounds like you are the mindless one