Why would a Toshiba laptop not connect to the internet?

My renters laptop has quit connecting to the internet with the wireless modem we both use. He's connected but it won't open internet Explorer or Firefox. I've made sure his wireless is turned on and we've rebooted it many times. It won't go on line no matter which wireless signal we use. Been to... show more My renters laptop has quit connecting to the internet with the wireless modem we both use. He's connected but it won't open internet Explorer or Firefox. I've made sure his wireless is turned on and we've rebooted it many times. It won't go on line no matter which wireless signal we use. Been to WiFi hot spots and it doesn't connect there either. It detects the signal and connects but does not allow access to Yahoo...Google or anything. Anyone out there have an idea? It's done this before and suddenly works a week later. Thanks for any help!
Update: My HP laptop works just fine but his Toshiba laptop won't work even when it's next to my HP laptop. It doesn't seem to be lack of signal strength.
Update 2: Ya idiots. How am I to add anything if the damn computer won't connect?!!
1 answer 1