Is Dylan Queen Top Designn a legitimate website?

I found a prom dress on their site that i love, but I'm having a hard time finding out if they're legit or just another scam site. Can somebody please tell me if they're legit and how you know?

Favorite Answer

This site seems like a scam, I was looking for dresses too, and things just didn't feel right. I did some research and found this website:

http://www.trustpilot.com/review/dylanqueen.com

Notice how ALL the reviews are 5 stars (with a single 4 star review). Also, don't all the responses sound incredibly generic with similar language and voice? All 5 star ratings is impossible. Even luxury brands get 1 star ratings from people. Also, notice how the one star rating has been submitted for removal from the website, by the DylanQueen website! Why would they do that if they were legit? The girl had nasty things to say, and the company wants to cover up. I WOULD NOT recommend buying from this company. Also, I was on their website with live chat, and the spokesperson never responded when I asked if the site was a scam. When they did, they said the site was having difficulties and never came back. Again, this site is not to be trusted.

• ?

Dylan Queen Dresses

Here is the review I just posted. If you don't want to read it all you need to take from it is it's not recommended ,thanks

Dresses arrived all too long that the knee length requested. Stitching coming away and stains on 2 others. We ordered 5 dresses. All are too long and 1 is falling to pieces and two are stained. Having emailed Dyaln Queen to advise we just keep getting the same emails either asking to Resend the photos of the evidence or the order number.Told us to wash in vinegar and then offered 10% so £15 for £300. Utter joke. Comments of Facebook page have been removed without being acknowledged and now no longer able to comment on their posts. I do not recommend using them. 28 March 2014

Highway 61 Revisited Bring It All Back Home The Other Side Of Bob Dylan

I came across them yesterday. I thought, wow, so cheap for made to measure and photos look like these are quality items but noted not that many details available. Live chat engaged me. I asked Sandra some questions and this is a brief outline:

What is the fabric composition.

Satin .

Is is polyester, nylon, acetate, real silk?

Satin

I don t think you understand English too well. Satin describes the finish, not the material. What is the lining made of?

Tulle

Is that man made or synthetic?

Silence

I then concluded:

Ok, so to recap, it is made of pure silk with an unknown material tulle lining and is washable. So if I am to order, this is what I am going to get? A pure silk made to measure dress?

No reply

Conclusion: I think if you purchase you are taking a big risk with possibly a 50% chance of disappointment. Some reviews are from happy customers but there are too many complaining about the colour not being right (an issue I have found with Chinese traders, being an online seller myself). There are also poor manufacture or cheap material, bad fit, things unlike photos and complaints about items arriving too late.

Purchase elsewhere unless you like playing Russian Roulette with your money.

Do not buy anything from this site it is a scam! I tried ordering and it just went to a blank page after getting the credit card page. It hasn't done anything with it so far but I wouldn't trust it. Repeat, do not try to buy anything from this site, it's fake!

BEWARE: I purchased a dress with beading from DylanQueen.com. The beading was horribly mismatched colors with each other and the dress. They guarantee: "We carefully select high-quality beads, pearls, fabrics and threads to create every dress. We look for vibrant colors, beautiful sheen and rich textures in every material that goes into your dress."

However, they selected purple, blue and emerald colored beads that clash terribly with each other and with the pale pink dress; it looks incredibly tacky. Chinese seamstresses obviously have different color tastes than in the US. (They acknowledged the problem when they asked if we could get it fixed locally.) They have refused to provide a refund. In doing internet research, its obvious they essentially NEVER provide refunds. I would warn anyone against buying here. By the way, they ship from Suzhou China; good luck trying to do a return even if they would do it.......

They do actually send you a dress, but if it was made incorrectly, like mine, they will not respond to your emails once they find out they made the dress wrong. I gave chest measurement of 35" and the dress is 32"... Yeah... it doesn't fit. Do not purchase from dylanqueen.com

NO

My daughter bought a prom dress from them and it arrived with the seams falling apart. They offered a 15% refund but it took over $100 to repair the dress due to the nature of the seams and the fact that we needed a quick fix because of prom.

DO NOT BUY A DRESS FROM THEM!