promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 years ago

Who's a member of your own political party that you wouldn't vote for?

I'm a liberal staunchly pro-choice Democrat and lifelong Texas resident, and I won't vote for Wendy Davis.

She flip flopped on abortion today when she said she supported a 20 week ban on abortions. (I believe that abortion should be legal until the point of viability, which is 22-24 weeks, since that's what Roe v. Wade said).

Plus, she has glaring character issues. It seems more and more clear to me that Wendy really did bilk her ex-husband into paying for her Harvard Law education as well as the costs of raising her daughters, only to divorce him when her loans were paid off... by him. Pretty disreputable to me.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm a repuplican and I'd never vote for jeb bush that stunt with the terri shavio(sp) case is the exact thing we don't need at any level of goverment.

I'm not sure I'd vote for chirstie either but he'd do a better job than a lot of dems but then a again I'd hope i'd have a third choice

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

There's a lot of people in my party that I wouldn't vote for in a primary. There are also some people in my party that would make me take a good long look at their opponent in a general election. But unfortunately, as disappointed as I often am in the Democratic party, the GOP is so frequently so much worse that I just can't vote for them. I can't stand Obama, but what, I was going to vote for Romney? He agreed with everything I hate about Obama and opposed pretty much only the things I agreed with.

Unfortunately, given the party system, it is very difficult to rule out voting for someone in particular because it is so frequent that the person from the other party is even worse. I went to a meet and greet with my State, City and Congressional representatives recently. I might vote for the City Councilman again, depending on what he does (he just started) but there's not a single one of them other than him that I don't strongly dislike and for State Senate, I would actually vote for the Republican over my State Senator in the next race if he wins the primary.

• 6 years ago

I'm a registered Democrat and have a tough time endorsing any of these spineless jellybeans. To single someone out, I wouldn't vote for Pelosi. She's just as condescending and arrogant as any Republican. I really can't stand any of them that I know of on either side. Well aside from Al Franken and Tim Ryan of course.

• jimmy
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Ron Paul

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

It isn't always that black and white in the decision making over who to vote for, sometimes or many times you have to look at what would happen if you didn't vote for somebody. ie Wendy Davis

• 6 years ago

Boehner

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

I'm a Republican. I wouldn't vote for Newt Gingrich or Chris Christie (who I campaigned for).

• Ccj
    Lv 4
    6 years ago

I don't dislike him, but I wouldn't vote for christie.

Or maybe I would.... if he was against hillary I would vote for him. Kinda depends who runs.

vv @evader23: word, my thoughts exactly.

• 6 years ago

I love my party. Good bad or indifferent. I believe they're good people deep down. That's very important to me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.