Is it creepy if a guy collects knives?

I recently started talking to this guy. He added me on various social media websites and they all include photos he's posted of a bunch of different knives that he has.

Why would a 22 year old guy in college need a bunch of knives? Am I overreacting by being creeped out by this?

Favorite Answer

According to Eliot knives aren't art, well sir they are. It takes a true artist to fold steel together using fire, shape it with a hammer and bring forth something worthy of a blade. That artist then combines other materials and makes a work of art better than any that you can hang on a wall, why because it is a fusion of art and utility. People who appreciate this "art" will pay well for it.

It isn't creepy unless he goes out at night in a ninja outfit and pretends he's an assassin, then it gets a little creepy.

Show him this knife, he will appreciate it. I made it for a collector. Someone who has an understanding on the old ways will appreciate it.

Source(s): Me, a bladesmith.
  • oikoσ

Nobody "needs" a bunch of knives with the exception of chefs and wood-carvers. However, knife collections are common among men who are, shall we say, less well-endowed. A knife is a phallic symbol, possibly the quintessential one. It is not creepy unless the guy has a dummy that looks like you and throws the knives at it.

You could say the same for someone who collects fire arms. You're just overreacting. It's no big deal. Unless he has a violent past then be worried, if not, there's nothing to be worried about.

I think that's really cool. I myself love that kind of thing. Some of those swords are really beautiful! If I were to be aware of the fascination, I would be amazed by you and curious. It makes you seem a little mysterious, which is always interesting.

Well that depends on what he does with them. Collecting arms is a long held hobby.

No way. My brother collects swords, he's ex-Navy, in his twenties and soon to be married. He just thinks they look cool.

I don't trust people who collect weapons.

I prefer people who collect books and art.

no, i collect them too.

whats your province? we can swap knives sometime B----) i like boys with knives

Source(s): if u know what i mean

I guess it depends on what he does and what his interests are. You should ask him why. It could be a good conversation starter.