what is the best book to learn automotive electrical systems?

I am trying to learn how to repair/diagnose automotive electrical problems, and I was looking for a book that could guide me with the basics and explain me everything about the electrical systems. Is there any book out there, with all the information that can be applied to diagnose such problems? what book do car technicians use get ASE certified?

Favorite Answer

Learning the basics of electrical (voltages 120 and over, ac) and electronics (voltages below 120, and dc) are so different. I'd recommend starting by taking a basic electronics course at a community college. What you learn there, you can apply anywhere, from Fire alarm systems, intercoms, surveillance, to automotive.

It's all relative, or related, in one way or another. It would be a good base for getting the ASE certification. Computers are so active in cars, too, that you may want a basic computer course, to. These both may be required for ASE certifications.