Bank deposits more than once daily?

I have many checking accounts and never seen a direct deposit show multiple times a day.

They always show a bit after midnight and before 6 am.

Always.

Why are people here saying that direct deposits can happen more than once a day?

The only deposits that show during the middle of the day are the ones I make myself that show up online when I get home.

Are people confusing direct deposits with regular, self-made, deposits?

Or did things just change?

Update:

could you name a bank that processes them as they arrive?

i think only a card like the emeral card would,, that's not a bank

could you name a bank?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The ACH system runs 24 x 7 x 365. Depending upon your bank's posting procedures deposits can show up at any time of any day including weekends and banking holidays. I have accounts at 2 credit unions and USAA Federal Savings. All 3 financial institutions post in real time and I have had deposits show up on weekends as well as Memorial Day and Presidents Day as well as multiple times per day.

The Emerald card is a debit card tied to a bank account. All debit cards are. You may not be able to write checks against it, but there is a bank account behind it just the same.

• 6 years ago

Some banks only process direct deposits over night. Other banks process them as they arrive. No big deal either way.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Well it is as simple as no matter how many time your making the deposit , it will show that amount is debited but after some time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.