if you're a professional football player do you have to be a fan of the team your on?

like what if im from chicago and i like the Bears but the Packers want me to play for them? im freaking out

Favorite Answer

Loyalty means nothing when contracts for millions are in the midst of an NFL athlete's hands. You see people trade teams all the time.

• james

I've worked for many professional sports teams for about 10 years and about 12 teams as a non athlete.medical...........anyways from what I've seen is that 99 percent of all professional athletes are just happy to be on a team at all and it doesn't matter if it the very popular Dallas cowboys or the Tampa bay bucs that can't fill a stadium.they know on average their career will last for just a few short years.as long as they are still making a paycheck even if it is only 500,000 as a third string backup they are happy.now the one percent that are successful enough to pick and choose it still doesn't come down to their childhood team.it comes down to money and facilities.for example when I worked for the 49ers their facility was so old and junky.when I worked for Seahawks everything was top of the line and brand new.if i got paid 20 million as a starting qb and was able to choose i would pick the Seahawks.even though my child hood team was the dolphins which didnt need a qb.

Look at the Bear. How many of them are from Chicago? It is a job. Yes, it would be nice to play for the team you have always loved, but the real love is for the sport, and the nice pay. What if you are playing for the Bears, and G Bay want to double your contract?

Brett Favre went to Minn.

Orton went to Denver

NO you can root for Chicago even if the Packers are playing them, your teammates will show you why they are called Packers.

Source(s): "SO SAD"

play for the packers but support your home town club.

Source(s): heart.

Hopefully, you're mature enough by that age is to realize that your million dollar job is more important than your childhood team preferences.

disloyalty to your team is not a good idea if you wish to remain there and have a good working relationship with your team members.

• jimmy

blame Bush!

Source(s): it's what the Left does these days, right?