Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 6 years ago

Trying to enter the field of law enforcement what are my chances of it with this????

Hi my name is jame sI live in baltimore city and want to be a police officer.I have never been arrested nor commited a serious crime .I am also in school.however I have one thing I fear that might hold me back so I am asking these questios to people that work in law enforment or in charge of hireing there officer. A few months ago over the coure of a month or 6 weeks I was rather upset about my girlfriend leaving me I KNOW DUMB. but dealing with some depression I went out 3 times and hooked up with some escorts. I am asking becase I would like to know would I be DQ ed for that? and also the nature of the act I commited I never asked them how much for a sex act I simply asked how much for there time.also they had a disclaimer on there page ..

ANY feed back would be appreciated thank you.

P.S I have stayed clean

• J.W.
    Best Answer

Getting law enforcement officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive. When police departments are hiring, they usually have many qualified applicants for a relatively small number of openings. Any red flags can hurt your chances of getting hired by some departments. Your chances of getting hired could depend on things such as what department(s) you apply with, when you apply, how well you do on written tests and during interviews, and how good a candidate you are otherwise. As time passes, your chances of getting hired by some departments might increase.

• Brad

I am not a police officer, but I applied for some police jobs in the past. The best advice I can give you is, if they don't bring it up, you don't bring it up either! Most police departments only ask you about crimes you have been convicted of, or arrested for committing. If that is the case, and you were never arrested for getting hookers, you don't bring it up. Because I know that if it does come up in the interview process, you wont get the job. Whether you asked for sex or any disclaimers is irrelevant. Im not telling you to lie, just don't give any additional information about yourself that they do not ask about.

Don't sweat it. Police departments aren't looking for saints. Don't volunteer the information, but if they ask if you've seen a prostitute, tell them yes.