my church abandoned me?

I've been in the hospital for the last 3 months due to an critical illness that lead to surgery which removed a tumor which was attached to my left ovary along with critical appendicitis. During his time I've, called out for my church to help, called, texted, they never answer, no one. When I finally got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago they acted like it never happened, almost as if I don't even exist. I though they were my friends and cared about me. I even thought of them as family but all I feel is abandoned during m time of healing, and the stress from trying to pay off medical bills. I guess what im asking is... do they really care? I love they people with all my heart but I don't think they care or understand how badly they have hurt me. Its to the point where they even ignore me at church. And yes I am a Christian but its at the point that I cant go to my church anymore, maybe even any church. What should I do?

Firstly I'm very sorry to hear how unwell you have been. I have no religion but I still just couldn't ignore your question. It's sad really especially if they claim to show love. Pretty sick.

Edit: Also I agree if you feel like you need a god in your life or believe that there is one your probably not in the right place by the sound of it, maybe look somewhere else?

Source(s): I don't know if I can help you find your answer but I hope you find it. I always find that Pokemon shows me the way....

I am sorry they did not come and visit you. Is it a big church with a full time pastor? Is there a pastoral group or welfare group? Or is it a small group that just gets together for bible study?

Your story reminds me of the saying; a friend in need is a friend indeed. I suppose if you won a lottery they would happily come to your celebration.

We also have to turn the question around, have I visited church members, do I even know if people are sick or in prison. Do I look to help people.

Perhaps you can be the solution, ask your pastor if you could visit in the name of the church, or simply tell him you will be visiting people and be saying I am from our church and thought I would visit you.

If not that church look for one that does that kind of pastoral work. Salvation Army is the most welfare orientated one I know but I am not a member.

I hope you do heal physically and spiritually.

This is your test. Your church abandoned you, but Jesus did not. Forgive them. You may grief for everything quickly, but don't be hurt, not anymore. Offer to God your forgiveness concerning your church, so God may do his good work within you for this season you entering.

Pray for peace. Ask God for your new shoes (Ephesians 6:15). Because that is what you are getting, a new peace. The joy, peace or whatever you received from you congregation will now be supported my Jesus himself. But only when you receive the peace, of having forgiven them. That's how God will deal on this with you, on your forgiveness of them. This is the power of 'the Cross' working, your sacrifice.

Note: you will find a church in the future, if it's still not this one, but Jesus wants you to step up. Tests in the bible indicate God wanting a sacrifice. Maybe you too dependent on your friendships more than Christ's relationship, and this was God calling you out. Remember pray for your new peace, pray for guidance (continually and trust), and pray your needs will be met (PHILIPPIANS 4:19), remember the bible teaches us how to think, God called you out, so He'll see that your needs are met in the desert, be it financially (where the church could've helped), Jesus is there, like he was for anyone in the bible who kept faithful to Him and his promises. Troubles like this come so you may enter the realm of faith. So ask!! (James 4:3)

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

You are alone in this world, sooner you accept this the easier life will be. You want a problem solving you have to do it your self. Stop stressing about medical bills it's all material things stressing won't make it go away so stop stressing. main thing is I hope your well, health is your only concern.

" When I finally got out of the hospital 3 weeks ago they acted like it never happened, almost as if I don't even exist."

It doesn't matter who they are. Regardless of their beliefs, people who do that are not your friends.

Realize how hypocrytical your whole congregation is and how they just left you. Christians are like attention seeking children, they only cared about you when it was the cool thing to do and the preacher asked for prayers. Then they moved on to something else cause you were old news.

Well I am a young man struggling with my faith as well my mom had cancer and went through a similar experience medically. As far your church goes I wouldn't go their anymore but I wouldn't loose faith in God based off that 1 bad experience my advice is surround yourself with family and friends and people who truly care about you and don't stress about that situation with those church members just cut them off and relocate hopefully both of us will continue too grow along with our faith in the lord

Well, if you were actually treated as such by folk who are supposed to be a congregation and a community, it would seem to me (if your religious faith is important to you) that you should find another congregation.

Few churches will turn away a new member that is sincere in his beliefs.

Source(s): atheist

This is a question for believers. Why can'y non-believers refrain from commenting?

I am very sorry to hear that the Church didn't contact you while hospitalized. It's not a good feeling when people turn their back on you. If you can't go to church anymore, how about seeking other religions out that also praise God as the only true god?

Jehovah's witnesses would very much like to contact you and invite you to one of our meetings, so you can see for yourself the love we have for eachother.

Here is a link to our website where you can find a Kingdom Hall near you and their weekly program:

http://www.jw.org/apps/E_FRNsPnPBrTZGT

Source(s): www.jw.org/en/

Change church