What would you like to ask?

What programming language should i specialize in....in our BCA course we are thaught little of c ,little of Java and little of .net ,....i m very confused and internet research has made me more confused......in my future i want start my own small business...so what language should i specialize in...i would like to dig deep than sweeping the surface.....m also fine with mobile development languages....please guide me...m confused....i have confusion between java , .net and cpp.....i see java as a good choice but it is kinda slow...and i have never seen a java desktop application....

Favorite Answer

I started out with java and then moved to c++ and some other languages. The way I see It java helps to better grasp the concepts of programming than some other languages especially the object oriented aspect which is very important in today's work environment. Not to mention android apps are programmed in java so when your ready to jump into mobile development it will be infinitely easier to learn. As for It being slow...java is considered slow because it is automagically garbage collected unlike c++ and most other languages...therefore c++ will require you to do a lot more memory management than java will. The speed of java is not really a huge deal now that most computers come stock with like 4 gb of ram + and multi gig dual core + processors I wouldn't worry about the speed of java. In my opinion its the best language out there for higher level development

Source(s): Computer Scientist
  • John

Why don't you contact some of the big universities that specialise in computer programming courses. Talk to their heads of planning and ask what they see as the type of programming that will be neede over the next 10 years?

• John W

Go with mobile development languages, its the wave of the future.

• Poppet

This is singles and dating. I think you may get more responses from the business and finance section of this forum. Particularly the careers and employment subcategory. Link provided. Post your question there.

• Ann

I think it is Java. Learn all you can because this is the age of computers.

so we americans dont speak jibberish