V asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 6 years ago

Does any dispensary accept insurance for marijuana? Anthem blue cross? LA care? Any insurance cover??????????

What kind of insurance is there in Los Angeles, CA that will cover?

I have chronic skin condition

and I was wondering if I can get some weed to cure

what are the steps would I go to my primary doctor or dermatologist? or is there any dispensary that will cover any insurance?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Tom Z
    Lv 7
    6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

California has legalized marijuana for eligible medical conditions. However, it is considered a Schedule 1 drug that is still illegal per the federal Controlled Substances Act. That means no insurance company is going to pay for a drug that is illegal under federal law.

To qualify for medical marijuana you must have a serious medical condition, as defined by SB 420, is any of the following: AIDS; anorexia; arthritis; cachexia (wasting syndrome); cancer; chronic pain; glaucoma; migraine; persistent muscle spasms (i.e., spasms associated with multiple sclerosis); seizures (i.e., epileptic seizures); severe nausea; any other chronic or persistent medical symptom that either substantially limits a person’s ability to conduct one or more of major life activities as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, or if not alleviated, may cause serious harm to the person’s safety, physical, or mental health.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Lowest Auto Insurance Rates : http://AutoInsurance.trustdd.com/?UYSk
  • 3 years ago

Anthem Blue Cross La Care

• 6 years ago

No. There is no insurance anywhere in the U.S. that will cover marijuana. Insurance can only cover things that federal law allows. Because only the state laws against medical marijuana were repealed, and the federal law remains in place (although not well enforced), insurance cannot cover it.

You would have to pay the dispensary with only your own money, without using any insurance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Just get the medical marijuana card. You can get it at any dispensary. Insurance does not cover it. You have to pay out of your own pocket.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

As marijuana is illegal under federal law so insurance cannot cover it.

No one prescribes marijuana for a skin problem.

Go and see a doctor at any clinic and pay a fee.

• 4 years ago

No insurance covers medical marijuana. Think about it...it puts them in double jeopardy to pay for your RX of a still illegal drug that you will probably need substance abuse guidance or rehab, which most do pay for. Pony up your money if you have your medical card

• 6 years ago

That's the wrong question. The right question is, does ANY insurance pay for marijuana. And the answer to that is, no. It's not covered by ANY insurance, no matter where you buy it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.