Can I drive my Mexican car to Texas and register it in Texas?

I have permanent residence in Mexico and am citizen of the U.S. How do I register thr car in Texas?

4 Answers

  • David
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If Texas residency is established then simply go to the county courthouse where your residency is at and apply at the county tax office, provided it has a current Texas inspection sticker with current liability insurance.

  • 7 years ago

    You first need to establish residency in the state of Texas.

  • 7 years ago

    You need a Texas address. And the car has to meet US safety requirements.

  • Tim
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

    According to this TEXAS website you need to be a resident there!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.