How to make hard boiled eggs with Cuisinart egg cooker CEC 10?

I got the Cuisinart Egg cooker CEC 10 about 7 months ago and the first time I used it it was fine. I made hard boiled eggs and it worked perfectly. NOw today I wasted about 8 eggs trying to do it again and the eggs basically exploded inside. I followed the instructions. Rinse the eggs, Cold water in pan, pierce eggs and place them where they should be. Now I don't know if I'm piercing them correctly cause they seems to be cracking slightly more then they should. I don't know if the machine is too hot. Or if the eggs are no good? The eggs come out looking cracked and the white part which is supposed to be the soft (hard boiled layer) is basically exploded. What am I doing wrong?

I watched all the cuisinart videos and it didn't help. I left the eggs in room temp. And these eggs are not expired until March!! I pierced them gently to make a hole and faces them upward. This machine was only used once back in August. I got it as a bridal shower gift so I want to use it. I know how to cook eggs the other simple way but I wanted to learn how to use this machine correctly. When I say the egg exploded I just mean the white shell that becomes soft bursted or fluffed** out if the hard layer shell which appeared cracked because of the expansion inside.

Favorite Answer

I didn't even know that these existed. I've always done mine in a pot of water the old fashioned way. And I've never heard of piercing the egg first...

To see if eggs are bad, you can put them in a pot of water. If they sink, they're good. If they float, they're bad and should be thrown out. It also sounds like yes, you are piercing them a little too roughly. Just looked up why one would pierce an egg before boiling and while I'll admit it makes sense, I've never done it and all my eggs turned out fine, and I've boiled TONS of eggs. Maybe look up on youtube o how to properly pierce an egg. This is the only thing that I can think of that you're doing wrong.

• cris

Cuisinart Egg Cooker

a floating egg ONLY indicates an older egg. It has nothing to do with whether they are good or not.

I would say your egg cooker is a bust.

Cannot imagine spending money on something like that.

Eggs are easy to hard boil and don't require any skill at all except common sense.

Put eggs in a kettle. cover with water. Add salt if you wish.

Bring to a boil. When the water on the eggs is rapidly boiling, cover the pot and remove from heat. Wait 10 minutes.

Drain and replace with cold water until the eggs are cold enough to handle.

'You know have perfectly hard boiled egg with NO green ring around the yolk(that comes from over cooking) and no cracked eggs either(that comes from dropping a cold egg into a kettle of hot water.)

No need for anything fancier than a kettle.

I have a Cuisinart egg cooker and I had some problems with a batch of eggs I was using.

• SB

I am attaching a link to a video from Cuisinart, about this model of egg cooker. The woman in the video shows how to cook the eggs. Perhaps she will show something that you've missed. I notice she recommends using distilled water; perhaps that will make a difference to you. Did you pierce the correct end of the egg? The lady shows this, too.

Cuisinart Cec-10