Sean
Lv 4
Sean asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 7 years ago

How does your mind calculate infinity?

or is it incalculable?

I wonder how one understands infinity.

Infinite Creation, is it actually infinite, or have we yet to reach an end?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Step by Step.

• 7 years ago

Tried, stop thinking and holding on to it?

See if you could hold on to the concept of it then you are putting a limit to it, what you can hold. At that time infinity stops being endless.

Instead, I would recommend not to try to hold on to it. Like looking at the open blue sky in a plain.

We know the limit there, but the concept is the same. Don't try to hold it, just see it.

As humans we have a hard time just taking in the sight. We try to define or limit things so it can fit in our minds.

If you ever get the chance to experience infinity, you'll understand a thing few people have in this planet. The downside is that from there on, no one, except someone else that has experienced it, will understand you, and if you find that other person you two will have little to talk about other then, so you'll just go on living life.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

You can't possibly calculate infinity, because to do that you would have to be aware of each "1" in that infinity, which is clearly impossible because there will ALWAYS be more "1"s. For example, I can imagine the number 2 because I can easily conceptualize in my head two individual things/two "1"s.

So, no. However, you can still understand the IDEA of infinity, you just can't really hold the calculation in your head.

• 7 years ago

Infinity is bogus - it's extra-reasonate, meaning outside of reason. We can't even conceive of it, and rightly not - it's an impossible concept and it contradicts all the rest of logic.

Creation is another thing above our pay grade. We simply don't have the intellectual tools to handle it - all we have are logic and reason. And those two things, infinity and creation, are not consistent with logic or reason.

We're stuck on those two things. Done. Don't know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

This is scientifically, logically, and mathematically understood to describe a limiting process. For example time restricts us to specific speeds, directions through time and one point in time as well as a fixed amount of time to live and so for any specific task.

Infinity arises out of limitation because a limiting process describes a sequence for a direction as well as tendencies and speeds.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It devides 1 by 0.

When you reach the end of infinity just have a look and see whats on the other side.

(perhaps theres a restaurant??)

• Irv S
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Infinite is unending.

If you can't quite drop the idea of "have yet to see the end" then you

haven't really grasped the concept of infinity.

• It understands it subjectively because an objective approach is impossible. Subjectively, infinity is never ending.

• 7 years ago

Like never ending Love. Isn`t it wonderful?

• 7 years ago

Infinity is mind boggling.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.