Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should I put my movie collection in Microsoft Access?

I have the list in an Excel file but I was wondering if I should put it in Access or not? I have Access 2003, but since security for this is expiring in April. Should I get Access 2007 or is 2003 okay?

Please no suggestions for other software.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Access 2003 should be ok....i say go for it.

Access 2003 really wasnt really a popular enough program hackers would target....so no worries (i wouldnt buy Access 2007 if you already have Access 2003)

some things to think about is ....how extensive is this collection? what will you be doing in Access that you currently cant do in Excel? if you know how to use Access better than Excel, then absolutely transfer.

if you are new to Access, then this might be a good point to learn Access 2007

i so wanted to suggest other software :o)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.