What other myths exist in the liberal mind besides "tax cuts are bad" and cold weather?

is because of "global warming"?

• Tracy
    Favorite Answer

Why are these myths? The fact that the lion's share of weath in this country is concentrated in approximately 1% of the population, but the percentage of taxes paid by them is lower than the bottom 99% is fact. A person paying 30% on 30,000, while a person paying 14% income tax on millions is a fact. That equalizing the percentage of income would be of great benefit to all is a fact. That the increased income taxes on someone making more money than any one person could hope to spend in a lifetime would be less onerous is a fact. I have never asserted that tax cuts are bad. I have asserted that taxation inequality is bad (and it is).

I have NEVER used the term "global warming" unless it was to enumerate one of the many ingredients in Climate Change, which is a reality. Climate Change is a cocktail of changes, increases, upheavals and accelerations to our planetary climate. Weather is today and tomorrow. Climate is decades, centuries, milennia. Take a look at the empty reservoirs in California. The drought in Australia. Storms of the century---EVERY YEAR. An Alaskan heat wave in January. Snow that paralyzes Georgia. Wildfires. Glaciers (thousands of years old)--gone. North Pole under water. The myth is that is ISN'T real.

Tax cuts are bad when they are accompanied by spending increases and high borrowing. Why do conservatives say that when Republicans who are by definition NOT FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE force us to pay money in interest on the Republican/Obama national debt, that that's not bad. The average federal taxpayer lost $3,500 last year in interest on the Republican/Obama national debt. Can anyone please explaing to me why King B thinks that's good? The tax cuts were temporary, and I don't know any intelligent conservatives who think they will not be reversed when our interest payments reach $7,000 per taxpayer per year, but the interest payments are definitly permanent.

I want low taxes. I'm just more intelligent than most conservatives about realizing you must cut spending, and Republicans are too much into vote whoring to do that. Those in favor of allowing Republicans to act irresponsibly are supporting high taxes in the long run. You need an average IQ or better to realize this fact, which explains why so many conservatives argue.

Ah, yet another person who thinks he knows what we believe!

We don't believe all tax cuts are bad, just the ones that let the 1% keep as much of their money as possible, while the deficit continues to climb. I thought conservatives hated the debt and deficit.

We blame not only the cold weather but the unusual heat waves in Australia and the drought all over the Western half of the US on climate change, but we know you will never bother to learn the science behind it all.

You people continue the descent towards idiocracy and then question why some people don't want to go with you. Every "question" posted by you regurgitating dullards is ample enough evidence to draw this conclusion. In other words, you folks are f@cking retards!

My favorite myth is the one where liberals believe that some phony conservatives care about The USA.

Another is when they think some phony conservatives think above a 5th grade level.

Most do not.

I think too high taxes are a bad thing too.

The claim are taxes now are higher than the rest of our modern history is ridiculous bullsh**.

The liberal mind, though vast and profound, can be comprehended only by those with an appreciation of subtlety and nuance. Explore it at your own risk, my friend.

Where're your advanced degrees in economics and environmental science? Don 't gots any, do ya? So, since you don't know squat about economics or climate change, you can just stuff it!

The only myth around here is that there was thought behind your question.

• Edward

Bigger government can solve all our problems an some really think that .