What is Jackie Chan's dark side?

I know that all people love him, that he is amazing guy, but honestly i order to love or respect him we should know some of his flaws or negative things he been through.

Media shows Jackie Chan like he's flawless, but i really want to know

Best Answer

Jackie Chan is really cool and all, and I respect him as an actor, but hey, he's human too.

Chan has a history of parroting the Communist Party’s stances on many things (for example, by claiming that Beijing’s air pollution doesn’t exist). In December 2012, Chan caused outrage when he criticised Hong Kong as a "city of protest", suggesting that demonstrators' rights in Hong Kong should be limited. The same month, in an interview with Phoenix TV, Chan stated that the United States was the "most corrupt" country in the world which in turn angered parts of the online community and prompted a critical response from Max Fisher in which he noted that Chan's comments were rooted, "not just in attitudes toward America but in China's proud but sometimes insecure view of itself."

Source(s): Wikipedia, woo.com

Although I don't know him personally, I enjoy his movies, based on his interviews, he sounds like a nice guy.

Apparently he was a bully in school, he also had harsh treatments while training kung fu, but he said he didn't mind that because he wanted to achieve. Another bad side of him from reports is he as a child with another women and wouldn't acknowledge his/her baby, another is he was flirting with a colleague in Japan, I think that time, he was married and to have a fling.. that is debatable either that is good or not, depends on peoples preference.

For politics, no one should be judged based on their political views, the CCP aren't all bad, if he supports the CCP, then good for him, at the end of the day, he wants what's best for China and Chinese people, for a Hong Konger, that is a breath of fresh air because HK and Mainland China don't see eye to eye, I look at it in another perspective that he is acknowledging his Mainland fans and Mainland Chinese people. HK people don't like Mainland Chinese because of the politics and certain stereotypes of Mainland Chinese. Even HK celebrities uses Mainland China to earn money, they don't care at all.