Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 7 years ago

Question about global warming/climate change.?

I'm not trying to start the whole debate if climate change is real. My question is what is the cause? I listen to a radio program and they had a guest (Dr. Robert Zimmerman) on. He was talking about some interesting things that I had never heard, and I was hoping someone more informed than me could weigh in on it.

He was saying that the earths magnetic core has been weekend by 15% and or polar axis has been shifting 20-150 feet per year, and this is the cause of the extreme weather. He also stated that man made gases would have an opposite effect from what we have seen.

Is anyone familiar with this topic?

Thank you.

Sorry for the typo's I'm in a dark room.

Favorite Answer

Yes, I heard him too. He is interesting. I don't really believe that the polar axis shift has anything to do with unusual weather. At least none than we can pinpoint exactly. It is an answer to those who want to believe in abnormal weather patterns. (What really is a normal weather pattern?)

Quote by Will Happer, Princeton University physicist, former Director of Energy Research at the Department of Energy: “I had the privilege of being fired by Al Gore, since I refused to go along with his alarmism....I have spent a long research career studying physics that is closely related to the greenhouse effect....Fears about man-made global warming are unwarranted and are not based on good science. The earth's climate is changing now, as it always has. There is no evidence that the changes differ in any qualitative way from those of the past.”

Notice in particular, "There is no evidence that the changes differ in any qualitative way from those of the past."

I know this is not reported that way today. The media thrives on sensationalism. "Dog bites man = no news. Man bites dog = news." So you always get the most sensational slant. That's how they keep their jobs.

Quote by Jim Sibbison, environmental journalist, former public relations official for the Environmental Protection Agency: "We routinely wrote scare stories...Our press reports were more or less true...We were out to whip the public into a frenzy about the environment."

So you can see they want sensationalism. And everything they write is to 'whip the public into a frenzy'.

Take for instance the term, "Super Storm Sandy." It was just a storm. A super storm would be something above a storm. That by definition would be hurricane in this instance. It was not a hurricane, it was just a storm. You see how these PR agents of the media can make things worse than they are?