promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If Les Miserables is a song, what song it is?

What song that describes what Les Miserables is? Or what is the best song for it that 'kinda' explains or tells the theme of the story? Thank you so much Les Miz fans! :D

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Does it have to be a song from the Les Mis play itself? If so, I'd say that "Do You Hear The People Sing?" is a song that can very accurately depict one of the themes in Les Mis. In the novel, Victor Hugo gives his readers many great role models that we may or may not choose to follow.

It's as if the the line, "do you hear the people sing?", Victor Hugo is asking if his audience can "hear" their role models calling out to them, and in the line, "will you join in our crusade, who will be strong and stand with me? Somewhere beyond the barricade is there a world you long to see," it's as if Victor Hugo is asking audience to join those role models in order to be better people, and that the only way we can do this is to step out of the barricades, symbolising our comfort zones. I hope this helps!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Many of the songs speak to universal themes.........which is why the play resonates with so many..........because we're ALL, in some way, "Les Miserables".

We all long for a better world Tomorrow.............we alll hope for what just one more day will bring.....we all miss friends and empty chairs at empty tables..........we all have Castles in the Clouds. and dreams......and we all have our own "tigers that come at night".........we all pray to bring our loved ones home safely from war.....we all want Gods forgiveness and mercy.........we all want people to join our causes.......and be on our sides........

we all want justice and fairness.

Everyone can relate to the play in some way......... in one way or another. Almost EVERY song, will resonate with someone , one way or another.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.