Rev. 3:14 Christ says he is the Beginning of the creation of God, why then do Christians teach to the contrary?

"These things says the Amen the Faithful and True witness the Beginning of the creation of God"

What is all this confusion about?

Listen to what Christ says!

@ Jiloth - It CAN mean that but that is the secondary meaning not the primary of first. I think you are running from the truth trapped in false belief. The bible is the word of God not your translation.

Favorite Answer

For the benefit of any who think that because Chi girl quotes scripture in Greek text means she knows what she is talking about, the KG word "archē" [expressed in Latinized script] is the key word in that text at Revelation 3:14.

It is the SAME word employed at John 1:1, where it is universally rendered by ALL Bible translators as "In the BEGINNING . ."

Chi girl, if your Bible renders it in Greek as *the chief* then it has been altered from the original text, where it states that the faithful and true witness is "the beginning [ho archē] of God's creation."

That aligns with what the Word [the prehuman Jesus] says himself at Proverbs 8:22,30: "Jehovah produced me as the beginning of his way, The earliest of his achievements of long ago. 30 Then I was beside him as a master worker. I was the one he was especially fond of day by day; I rejoiced before him all the time."

And for any who try to claim that this is speaking of "wisdom personified," since when does wisdom become a master worker with God, one whom God is fond of and who rejoices with him?

So-called Christians insist that Jesus is God in the flesh in spite of the fact that it would present a completely ludicrous scenario. Why?

Because that would mean that God came to earth to give his life as a sin atoning sacrifice TO HIMSELF.

How utterly illogical and ridiculous that would be!

It would also mean that Jesus himself did not know who he was when he said at John 3:16,18 that he was God's "only begotten son."

@ jiloth7: Lots of people disagreed with Noah. Were they right? When Jesus said at Matthew 7:13,14:

"Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it,"

do you believe that means that the vast majority who hold to the Bible and see themselves as Christians have a correct understanding of the person of God and of his only begotten son?

There are probably 2 billion people on earth who think you are right. Are they "the few" finding that "road leading to life"?

Just because the majority agree with you doesn't make you [or them] right. If I'm wrong, then so is 1 John 5:19, because clearly the "whole world" would NOT be lying in the power of the wicked one" at all. Why?

Because 2 billion of them have the truth, whereas just 8 million JWs, according to you, "have accepted a false teaching."

Or do you believe that, of those 2 billion who believe as you do, only "a few" of those actually attain salvation? Or do you believe that Jesus didn't know what he was talking about there?

Serious food for thought, isn't it?

Why? Simple. The ones you speak about, counterfeit chistians, would rather believe the father of the lie than God or his Son.

One answer quoted Col 1:16. That verse not only tells of Jesus Christ being the first of God's creation, it also tell exactly why the creatuin exists in the first place. At the end of the verse, did you note the phrase "and for him"? Yes, all creation exists for Jesus. It is a gift from a loving father to his Son.

Source(s): Holy Bible nwt
  • mawin

Jesus has a begining. Let us read:

(Proverbs 8:23-30)

23. From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no watery deeps I was brought forth as with labor pains, when there were no springs heavily charged with water. 25 Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains, 26 when as yet he had not made the earth and the open spaces and the first part of the dust masses of the productive land. 27 When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he decreed a circle upon the face of the watery deep, 28 when he made firm the cloud masses above, when he caused the fountains of the watery deep to be strong, 29 when he set for the sea his decree that the waters themselves should not pass beyond his order, when he decreed the foundations of the earth, 30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time,

Source(s): Bible and www.jw.org

"Write to Laodicea, to the Angel of the church. God’s Yes, the Faithful and Accurate Witness, the First of God’s creation, says:"

Yes, it is clear. The First means the most important. Not the beginning, but, on top.

The problem with this verse is that "beginning" does not refer to Jesus' creation. The Greek word arche means "first in position" or "leader". Alternate meanings include "origin" or "cause."

So, in this verse, Jesus is presenting His authority over creation as Creator.

Other verses from the Bible confirm that Jesus is the beginning of creation, since He created everything:

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. (John 1:3)

For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things have been created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1:16)

WILLIE: AT LEAST THREE PEOPLE AGREE WITH ME, AND IF YOU DON'T YOU HAVE ACCEPTED A FALSE TEACHING. Perhaps you are a Jehovah Witness. In addition, you are rejecting the teaching of the most brilliant Bible scholars that ever lived.

• Micah

There is no confusion. Jehovah God created Jesus, then everything else in heaven and on earth was created by and for Jesus, the firstborn Son of God.

Jehovah was the Designer and Jesus was the architect or master builder. They worked together perfectly as Father and Son.

• Jay UU

Willie. You are correct. The truth is simply stated many times in the bible. God is the creator. His name is Jehovah. He created His firstborn son Jesus as the beginning of his creation. He then proceeded to create myriads of other spirit creatures, then turned his attention to the Earth. Some of the answers you've been getting to this question are from Trinitarians who cling to this manmade doctrine which even the churches admit is a mystery.

• JD

Yes God created Christ as part of Him. Jesus is the Word of God. So just as you create the words you say, your words are also part of you from the start. Read the book of John. It is VERY clear after you read it, especially chapter one, that the Father and the Son are one.

• Eric

You need to go and read John chapter one and consider what you read in Revelation 3:14 in light of that. Everything in creation was created by Christ. That is the "beginning" that is spoken of later on.

Christ always proclaim the father but they deny that Christ is the son to say that he is the father so they can justify not following the Torah if Christ was the father why does he need to set up his own sacrifice to forgive us if you say Christ is the father the forgiving lord that forgave us then who do we present our sacrifice to? Present Christ to himself to forgive us?

Source(s): Isaiah chapter1: 11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. 12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?