IRS TAX FRAUD QUESTION HELP!!!!?

I havent lived with my mother in 2 years almost 3. I filled for my taxes and it said my social has already been used. Theres no number to call them , just aform you have to fill out. I just want to know If she can take me OFF her taxes so I can get my money. Or is it too late? She cant make no changes can she? Because I threatened to report her if she doesnt fix it.

Your mother will have to file an amended tax return to delete you off her taxes, The you can do an amended return. If your mother receives a refund before the amended return, she will have to pay the money back. It is going to be a long process.

She can change it, but you still won't be able to get the money by filing electronically. Once a social security number has been used, by anyone, even if it was fraud, all future use of that number must be done by mail, and not electronically, even if the original use has been corrected.

As long as you file by mail, and only by mail, and not online, you can still get your money, even if she doesn't make the change.

In other words, it doesn't matter at all whether she makes the change or not.

If she makes the change and you file on paper, by mail, you can get the money. If you don't file on paper, by mail, then you can't get the money.

If she does not make the change and you file on paper, by mail, you can get the money. If you don't file on paper, by mail, then you can't get the money.

It's the same either way. She can change her taxes, but the change won't affect you.

Whether you get the money now is affected only by how you file, not by what she does now.

• tro

if your mother has filed and claimed you and you return is rejected due to the duplication of SSN, you will need to file manually and when yours is also rejected for the duplicate SSN protest this rejection and insist IRS have your mother prove her eligibility to claim you