How will the United States look in 2100?

This is a question that I ask to gain insight from people from around the globe and excluding how space will look like, here's what the United States might look like from my perspective.

-The population of the United States is about 800 million people and we're still the third largest country in the world by people.

-The average life expectancy for people will be around 150 years in the United States.

-Poverty is mostly gone thanks to the advent of technology and only those whom are immigrants are poor until they move up the socioeconomic ladder after a sustained period of time.

-New York City has a population of 15 million people and is filled with skyscrapers much taller than the Empire State Building.

-The United States Constitution has added six new amendments such as the balanced budget amendment, ERA, and perhaps an expansion of Congress.

-The average American makes well over $175,000 based on today's standard of living.

-Malls have been scraped and replaced by movie theaters, social gatherings, roller coasters, and perhaps parks.

That's what I think might happen but I might be too conservative or pessimistic since technology can change the world for good and we don't know what we can even build five years from now.

Update:

How is this even optimistic??? At the beginning of the 20th century, the average life expectancy was 48. Then in 2000, it was 78. Talk about optimism. And come on now. Stop listening to Peter Schiff and all these people that say gold is going to go up to the exosphere. Where's the evidence? And by the way, the economy is growing. And I'm a libertarian who's a realist and likes to make money. So I wouldn't even invest in gold cause we're about to become energy independent. Anyways, watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1NJ9Vv-Y6Q

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUWqLo_OSIk

Youtube thumbnail

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Global governance will be in place by then. The whole world will be communist and living very minimalistic controlled lives. From a distance the world will seem more peaceful because nations will be unable to war against each other. The problem will be neighbor against neighbor because people will be living like sardines in a can. Robots will be doing most of the work and people will be "unnecessary" so life will be of far less value. This has already been planned. The Intelligentsia believe they know what must be done to save the earth from mankind.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 years ago

Average life expectancy at 150 years? In less than a century from now? LOL -- way too optimistic.

• The USA will look like Russia did after the collapse of the USSR.

A third world nation with livestock roaming the streets.

City people will keep chickens and goats, to get eggs and milk.

• 6 years ago

According to Liberals, the polar ice caps will be completely melted and the entire world will be underwater....

But seriously, America wont last another 86 years. Not it its current state, at least.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

America will be the sole superpower on the Earth in 2100.

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    6 years ago

Like the USA does now, except then it will be totally kicka$$ because we will all have our own personal clone and killer android drones!

Whoa!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Water will be 15 feet higher. Either we stop CO2 or we rebuild.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

remember the parable of the rich man and the beggar?

• I hope your correct

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

Everyone will have aids

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.