Amanda Knox retrial - Guilty! How do you feel about this news?

Its been reported on news within last few minutes that the retrial has reached a guilty verdict, how do you feel about this news?

I am very surprised and as of yet I have heard no solid evidence that proves it was her. Its all circumstantial evidence and speculation.

Favorite Answer

Amanda Knox is innocent. She had absolutely nothing to do with the murder. There is no evidence - no forensic, no witnesses and no motive. The guilty guy is already in jail convicted of the murder. So the clown of a prosecutor had to think of some motive. In the first trial it was the ridiculous accusation that she killed her roommate because she was not clean enough. How pathetic to accuse a young lady whose background revealed no violence and no evidence of being a psychopath. For only a psychopath would kill her roommate, (of only one month) because she was not clean enough! Then they changed the motive to a sex orgy that went awry. What the hell does that mean?

Word got out in Italy that she had several sexual partners. Last I heard that is not reason to find her guilty of murder. But in conservative Italy public opinion went wild. Add to that the picture of her smiling a little with her boyfriend when she called him to come over when the police had discovered the body. Actually she was extremely distraught and he comforted her and said something to her to make her feel better momentarily. But the Italian public had already convicted here because they saw her smile. People all act differently during extremely stressful situations.

Additionally, one of our most famous FBI profilers examined the case and found her not guilty.

We do not have all the legal documents to pass judgement about this. I think a few things are for sure:

1. Americans are outraged because we view her as one of our own. A helpless American girl being railroaded in the Italian courts.

2. The Italian court system is a circus, a joke and honestly a bit scary. I have never been to Italy but this fiasco makes me think that this could happen to anybody over there...innocent or not and get caught up in that craziness.

I cannot say whether she is guilty or not as I am not privy to any legal documents or all the facts but I will say that if she is innocent then shame on the Italians, but if she is guilty then shame on us for defending a murderer. I am pretty good at reading people and I have watched a few youtube videos of Amanda Knox doing interviews and I will tell you that she is not being completely honest about something. But I don't know if it is about murdering her room mate or just not telling the truth about some details so she doesn't look guilty.

there is a lot of evidence in the case,

even though I would like to give amanda benefit of the doubt

her alibi and her accusation and statements

some just don't add up

an innocent person, has the same story all the time and does not change

Americans, (which I am one)........seem to be under some bizarre notion that she was ever declared "Innocent".

That NEVER occured.

What happned was...........her original conviction was APPEALED................by Italian law, it's AUTOMATIC.

In that appeal, it was decided that there was *enough* reason, to hold the trial again,...and some questions were not fully explored or answered in the first trial.

She was therefore RELEASED from Prison, pending the NEW TRIAL.....since, the new trial was ordered, and you don't keep people in jail before a verdict is reached.

She served no amount of unfair time in jail, since she *WAS* convicted of framing the bar owner, and got a seperate 4 years for that alone. And THAT charge WAS upheld at her first appeal. There was also a slander charge after that..........which is why her sentence was increased this time.

There has been no "double jeopardy"..........because it's the SAME trial.........just going thru the endless appeals process.

Think of it, as a murderer on Death row for 20 years........exhausting all their appeals.

Except, in this case......political pressure of having the poor baby in some nasty Italian jail was applied.......and they came up with a ruling that effectively granted her freedom.........while saying the appeals process must continue. It was a window of opportunity for her to FLEE.........and FLEE she did. She ran back to the United States and wrote books about her "innocence"

But right after she fled............the same court system reviewed the RULING that let her out of jail, pending the new trial, and found it be without any legal merit whatsoever.

In other words............a back door political deal was made.......they let her go..........and then quickly reversed the decision that let her go.

That brings us to the new trial.....and re-examination of the facts, and not surprisingly, she was found as guilty as the first time.

She has the SAME AUTOMATIC RIGHT.....to appeal *THIS* decision now to Italy's highest court.....and if found guilty THERE..........then that's the end of the line.

Then , extradiction requests should be made and kept.

anyone remotely familiar with the facts of the case.......knows they are guilty and lied their azzes off.

Her act fools no one.......except people who read the "Injustice in Perugia" website........which is like getting your facts about 9-11 off some Truther website.

She's been solidly found guilty TWICE now.......using the same evidence.

Her stories and alibi's and whining, didn't add up to a pile of spit.

I'm ashamed to be Italian.

There is no justice when an innocent person is found guilty.

Boycott Italian products!

The Italian justice system is screwed up.

• JOHN G

Just don't expect any European country to extradite people to the US either ..

• John67

Seems to me once they let someone go it's too late to bring them back.

What a justice system, it's a farce :)

JUST BECAUSE SHE IS AMERICAN DOESN'T MEAN SHE IS INNOCENT. AMERICANS DON'T LIKE IT WHEN FOREIGNERS COMMIT CRIMES IN THEIR COUNTRY BUT WHEN AMERICANS COMMIT CRIMES IN OTHER COUNTRIES THEN IT'S ALWAYS THAT COUNTRIES FAULT.