My 3 year old tattoo is still raised and itchy?

I got my tattoo on my left rib cage by the best artist in my town about 3 years ago. To this day it still is raised a bit and occasionally it chest and rarely has a sharp pain also. I contacted the studio and the asked for a photo but you cannot tell it's raised in the photo and I have not heard back. Any suggestions? Also it is black and faded a but from when I first got it.

The website did not show any information

Favorite Answer

You could have had an allergy to the ink, its why its never settled.

Just GOTO a doc/hospital and get s check up. After 3 years. The thing I could suggest why its raised is you either didn't take proper care of it or the artist didn't do a proper job. But tattoos can look bumpy from time to time, usually moistering it will help it go down. But there's should never be pain from a tattoo after its healed

Why have you waited 3 years???

If the artist is still in the same town as you, I would definitely swing by and show him/her it in person. Also, seek medical advice asap. Did you follow the aftercare instructions carefully? As for the color fading, that shouldn't be an issue. Black tattoos will fade.

I would see a doctor! That isn't normal