Do you think the United States is going to collapse?

I think the United States is already on it's way to losing it's status as a major power.

My prediction is, is that due to the fact that we have masses of illegal immigrant crossing the boarder, coinciding with our movement gradually towards socialism in a horribly broken economy and radically divided congress, I would say the United States is going to see itself break up in my grandchildren life time. I think the fact we have a growing number of problems that we're not even making a dent in solving thanks to our uncompromising congress is going to lead to the result that our problems will become too much. I think it will just be unsolved problem after unsolved problem that will cause us to divide politically. We might see each states on it's own become it's own country, Like Hawaii Texas and California, or we may see regions like New England and the South become countries. What do you think of my theory?

• Alex
    Favorite Answer

If the United States shows signs of a pending collapse, then it will become an empire righ before it does, like it happened to the British Empire. http://www.newleftproject.org/index.php/site/artic...

Don´t beat yourself up about it, many empires had come and gone and some of those are still important economies, such as France and Japan; I fear that my country might be invaded and so do other people from other countries so your concern about the fall of the U.S. is not that big of a deal, unless it collapses like Russia, but it could also collapse like the U.K. the U.S. is still important, one sign of that is that it still receives immigration, if it was falling, many immigrants would leave, just like it´s happening in Europe and Japan (and these will still remain important for a time to come). http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2013/11/24/wh...

Many problems happening in the U.S. are also happening in the world, like the declaration of independence of some states; in Spain, for example, there are some regions like Catalonia that are asking for independence and this is around the news often in the Spanish speaking world (I even met one Spaniard echnge student from Catalonia that was part of the Catalonian sepratist movement in Spain) and many countries in the European Union want to break away from the Union because they see it as the cause of the crisis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separa...

• wtinc

So you blame it on the uncompromising congress, but did you realize that for 4 years congress was controlled by just one party? Democrats and they controlled it for that time and during that time that time they did not need compromise in fact they passed what ever they wanted and lets face it has things gotten better No they have not. Now you want to blame it on the republicans who have no real power to block anything.

The President, who wants to give more money to Unions to keep them strong and kicking back money to the DNC. Please wake up we can change this but not by more Democrats in control we need to remove them and the Rhino Republicans and right away.

It is a possibility, but not probable.

It may take a revolution but America will stay strong long after we are dead.

The only collapse is that Ku Kluc Klan fairy tale,.. some are desperately clinging to.

with dictators like bush and obama runnin the show, yea.

Source(s): although the truth is obama and bush never ran things, they are just puppets in the hand of the shadow elite.

Don't forget all America has to do is cut its defense budget and it could repair so much

yes