Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Joe asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

Andrew Luck or Russell Wilson?

I don't mean to offend any Seahawks fans, but if you think about it, he's only catagorized as good because his team is amazing. Unlike Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson has Marshawn Linch and an unstopable run game. Luck has T-Rich and a crap run game and O-line, which forces Luck to throw. Resulting in an interception. I bet if the Colts had a decent run game, then the Colts would've easily beaten the Chiefs and made the Patriots game a better game. Put Luck on the Seahawks and they are a 5 point favorite in the Super Bowl. Plus, Wilson has an amazing defense, which help Wilson rarely play from behind. Unlike Luck who is now "The Comback Kid". Only because he has to play from behind because of their defense.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Eric B
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. It is a team game as you well know, yet it reads as if you are attempting to discredit what QB Wilson has done with his offense, to make it to Super Bowl.

2. Not EVERY defensive play by Seattle has been a PICK 6! Wilson's offense has had to shoulder the bulk of their points!

3. You are correct about their defense! It is the NFL's #1 ranked!

4. You are correct in your assertion that Luck is a good QB who potentially can be great.

5. I disagree with your assertion Luck is just a cookie-cutter QB who IF planted in Seattle they are suddenly a 5 point favorite. Wilson has proven his leadership BEYOND his playmaking: one of Wilson's GREATEST ASSETS that his team mates and coach say is his CALM demeanor when everything seems to be FUBAR around him.

6. You are overlooking KEY FACTS that negates some aspects of your assertions of Russell Wilson:

A. Wilson does NOT have a great offensive line. NOT horrible O line, but about say above-average. Wilson has been forced to run out of the pocket a lot.

B. Wilson never had Harvin for the entirety of the '13-'14 season. Wilson has had to make-do with receivers who prior to the season were not Calvin Johnson-esque. Seahawks receivers had to PROVE their value/worth! (Much like Tom Brady had to make-do with his own 'unknown' receivers, so too has Wilson).

• Escape
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Luck is the superior QB. Luck completely carries the Colts team while the Seahawks are built on defense and running the ball. Luck has a stronger arm and he is usually far more accurate throwing the football to. Luck is a better decision maker. Wilson has been timid at times throwing the ball and has been indecisive with where he wants to throw the ball. Wilson has made some good plays, but more often than not he will start scrambling backwards and lose yards. Wilson has big upside, but the biggest reason why the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl is because of the defense and the running game.

• 7 years ago

I like Luck better than Wilson. But Wilson isn't only categorized as good because his team has a great defense and a great running game with an awesome Marshawn Lynch. I'd say that Wilson gets a little more credit than he deserves because of that. But Wilson deserves some of the credit.

Wilson can't keep passing drives alive like Luck does. However he does a great job of extending the play by running around until a receiver gets open or until he has to give up and run the ball himself, which he still manages to make some good positive running yardage. I just don't think he's as good as Luck at identifying his open receivers.

Luck can find his receivers better and can laser the ball in. However, I think he also takes a little more passing risk than Wilson. Wilson has a little more trouble finding his receivers, but he plays a little more cautious and will just throw it away to the sidelines instead of risking the interception. There's advantages and disadvantages to both.

As far as what you were mentioning with the run game. Towards the beginning of the season the Colts did have a better run game. Near the very beginning of the season the Colts had Ballard healthy, but not Bradshaw. Then they had Bradshaw healthy but not Ballard. Then for a short bit they had Bradshaw and Richardson and Brown. If the Colts would have had all 4 of those guys healthy, they'd have had an awesome running game, especially between Ballard, Bradshaw and Brown.

Their run game was partly why the Colts beat the 49ers and Seahawks.

Playing from behind was more so because of the Colts running game not working well with Richardson and Brown. Hamilton would run, run, run then drives would stall early. Then late in the game he'd switch to more of an up tempo no huddle passing game and the Colts would come roaring back. Yes, the Colts defense was partly to blame. But so was the play calling of Hamilton. Hamilton's method would have worked with guys like Ballard and Bradshaw and Brown to fall back on with all of them healthy. But without Ballard and Bradshaw healthy it just crumbled. Not to mention with Satele being outsized and over-powered at center.

Then of course it took several games for the Colts to get their legs back under them and regroup after losing Reggie. The big thing that hurt the Colts against the Pats was their run defense. Brady didn't even score a single passing TD. Brady rarely passed at all that game. The Colts DC also made some mistakes too in play calling. The secondary often pulled up too much trying to stop the run. Then they left the passing game wide open for Brady for a nice 15-20 yard pass.

If the Colts had some key players healthy like Dwayne Allen, Reggie Wayne, Donald Thomas, Ahmad Bradshaw and Vick Ballard they'd have been a much tougher team to beat. The Colts had to go through more players than any other team in the NFL due to injuries this season.

To me, the Colts need to work on being able to stop the run game well. They need a better pass rushing opposite of Mathis. They need a good, healthy running game. And they need to beef up the center of the offensive line.

The Colts have shown they can play with and beat the best. They just still have some growing to do as a team. The Broncos, 49ers and Seahawks pretty much already have nearly fully developed teams.

• J.
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

I do like the Seahawks (not my favorite team but probably my number 2) and I completely agree with you. I'm not sold on Wilson and think he's average at best. He gets way too much credit for the wins that his defense creates. Even if Wilson puts up a lot of points it's generally because of the field position his defense gives him.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Andrew Luck

• Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Actually, it depends on their work ethic during every offseason. If Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson work hard and perform very well in practice every day, they will greatly improve their chances of becoming elite NFL quarterbacks in the future.

• 7 years ago

Russell Wilson just like Colon Kaepernick is extremely overrated and they have nothing to do with their teams success, both of them are game managers, but since neither one of them is white you will never hear that from the media

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Ima go with Wilson. Luck throws the ball to others teams a lot

• Agreed

@Lee: Did you not see Wilson struggle to make handoffs?

• 7 years ago

wilson he f**ks up less

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.