Shake up in the big three in anime?

With bleaches anime ended in 2013 and naruto possibly ending this year do you think that a anime that is currently going strong such as fairy tail who is returning this year or sword art both who have massive fan bases could join one piece for a new big three? What amines could join one piece in you opinion? Or do you think that one piece should not be considered for the big three any more even though it is the longest running anime currently

• Fujaku
    Favorite Answer

SAO is not going to be a big three. The big three refer to long-running anime/manga. SAO is not long-running and will likely end after a third season if what I've read about the light novels online is true. Fairy Tail will definitely be up there though.

For the third one, I say Toriko has a chance. It's way more popular in Japan than it is here, but after Naruto and Bleach end people desperate for their dose of shounen might try it out. If AssClass gets an anime (which it likely will) then that has a chance. I've read the first 20 chapters of that. It's more comedy than action, but it's still really good stuff.

Well, I personally find One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach overrated. Their plots are awesome, and I used to always watch them, but they have been stretched out for so long, causing lots of filler episodes and repetitive themes. However, One Piece will probably always have it's grand popularity, and yes, Fairy Tail is DEFINITELY in the top now. I am not a huge fan of it, but it is currently the most popular manga and has a large fanbase. Sword Art Online is an amazing light novel series turned anime, so that may last for a while, so it may be up there.

I am just saying what I think will happen popularity-wise, not necessarily quality wise. (^_^)

One Piece

Naruto

Fairy Tail : it will release this year

I personally love One Piece for its amazing planned out plot. I'm not a huge fan of Fairy Tail, but I bet it will be one of the "popular 3". I thought Sword Art Online was good, but unless it's planning to release a third season or whatever, I don't think it will make it.

Not any anime fan who has watched over 20 series would consider either Naruto, Bleach, One Piece or Fairy Tail to be top 3 material.